• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ponies!

Kaori-Takara

Young Bun
I decided to put up pics of all the horses instead hehe.

Firstly, new pony *his name is Dandy but...I really want to re-name him D:*
Here he is :D
I apologize for the ill-fitting bridle, it isn't mind D: They said he wasn't controlable enough to ride with just a halter ¬¬ so it's a cob size bridle and bit on an x-small pony head =/

Umm, details..
Pure-bred Welsh Mountain Pony (Section A) He's 2yrs old (please don't shoot me) and should turn white (grey) eventually :) and will go from this to this to this :D *they arn't him, just examples lol*
He's got good bloodlines (but hasn't every welsh? :roll: ) you can see them here. He's about 12hh - 12.2hh ish now, which means, although I can't show him, I may be able to get him re-registered as a Section C *fingers crossed*

Basically, in non-horesy terms. He's going to be a white kids pony ^^ hehe.
DSCF0355.jpg

DSCF0352.jpg

DSCF0351.jpg

DSCF0350.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

Bad hands D: but the guy told me to hold the reins like that so ¬¬ blehh. I know how to ride, honest!

Secondly, Lucifer...not really, it's just Hammie xD
He is..
A Traditional Cob x New Forest/Thoroughbred (fat gypsy pony x wild pony/racehorse lol), Skewbald (tech. colour: Dappled Liver Tovero) he's around 14.2hh and a gelding (*cry* why can these people keep good horses stallions! Dx)
He recently went to borstal (where Dandy came from) to be taught it's not okay to trample hoomins and generally be a little :censored: to everything with. ^^ happy days.
DSCF0326.jpg

DSCF0324.jpg

Nosey pony xD
DSCF0320.jpg

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0304.jpg

DSCF0302.jpg

I'll do this in 2 posts, all the pics are over the limit hehe xD

and the other two :)

Ilex :) She huge, grumpy and hates all living beings. But we all love her really.
She's a Chocolate Buckskin, Connemara x Thoroughbred/Trekhener.
DSCF0277.jpg

DSCF0287.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0316.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

And this is Molly :) She's a bay Connemara x Trekhener ^^
DSCF0273.jpg

DSCF0270.jpg

DSCF0274.jpg

RAWRR!

love the pics hope you werrent offended by my post i dont think i explained myself well was trying to say while you obviously care for your horses people on a forum do make a sweeping judgement and try to be helpful they dont mean to be rude! they are basing it on expieriances they have previously had and are trying to ensure the pets in question have a good life,,, hope you have many happy times with all your hroses and ponies! :) they are all gorgeous x

Im sorry but IMHO you should not be riding this pony at 2! He is still a baby and it wont help that hes only little and you are 16 so not exactly small! Im sorry if I offend but its my opinion and I had to express my concern!

^ This is exactly what i'm talking about...
I'm 16 and underweight, i'm not exactly a massive heffer am I?
I don't appreciate you telling me how to ride my horses when you know nothing about them!

[[EDIT]]
Also, if you have such a big problem with 2yr olds being ridden, then complain to the racing industry and the guys who start the reining QH's...
If I was overweight, I wouldn't be riding him let alone thinking of riding anything that small...

Last edited:
love the pics hope you werrent offended by my post i dont think i explained myself well was trying to say while you obviously care for your horses people on a forum do make a sweeping judgement and try to be helpful they dont mean to be rude! they are basing it on expieriances they have previously had and are trying to ensure the pets in question have a good life,,, hope you have many happy times with all your hroses and ponies! :) they are all gorgeous x

No, of course I wasn't ^^
I just hate it because of people making assumptions, like about the little pony. It wasn't me who started riding him, I only bought him yesterday and rode him the day before so TBH, not one person has the right to tell me when I can and can't ride my horses.
When people insult me it's fine but as soon as it involves the horses, it just puts my back up.

They are beautiful, im so jealous i always wanted a horse :love: xxxxxxxx
Hehe, thank you!

I don't appreciate you telling me how to ride my horses when you know nothing about them!

Oh for goodness sake, Ponies and horses for that matter should not be rode that young. And Heffer? Like I said anything along those lines but look how low your legs hang even if the pony was the "right" age you are too big fact. I own a 12hh welsh mountain which I stopped riding at 13 so I do know about them. :roll:

[[EDIT]]
Also, if you have such a big problem with 2yr olds being ridden, then complain to the racing industry and the guys who start the reining QH's...
If I was overweight, I wouldn't be riding him let alone thinking of riding anything that small.

The racing Industry is a cruel exploitation to horses for nothing more than money. Because they do something it does not make it right!

Oh for goodness sake, Ponies and horses for that matter should not be rode that young. And Heffer? Like I said anything along those lines but look how low your legs hang even if the pony was the "right" age you are too big fact. I own a 12hh welsh mountain which I stopped riding at 13 so I do know about them. :roll:

QH's are ridden with no issues at 18months, turned away, then brought back at 2years for the futurities. Most continue on to a healthy ridden life well into their 20's.
I'm too tall. It's all just a cosmetic fad about being too "big" when you're actually too tall, it doesn't harm the horse so what the hell is your problem?

If all you're going to do is stir then why bother even commenting?

I don't think there is a major problem with you having a sit on him, taking him for a light hack every now and again.
If you were doing a lot of work with him, then yes, it can screw up their joints (which we all know about with race horses).

I love all of them :love:
What do you do with them?

I'm looking for a horse at the moment :wave:
Not allowed to take my old nag to University :(

QH's are ridden with no issues at 18months, turned away, then brought back at 2years for the futurities. Most continue on to a healthy ridden life well into their 20's.
I'm too tall. It's all just a cosmetic fad about being too "big" when you're actually too tall, it doesn't harm the horse so what the hell is your problem?

If all you're going to do is stir then why bother even commenting?

I wasnt trying to stir my first post was polite and I just told you how I felt about a thread that you created on a public forum. Im leaving this thread now as its getting very "head, brickwall". Your ponies are beautiful I just disagree with you on this one.

There lovely, I'm not trying to "stir" before you start jumping on me that I am.

From my point of view this is how I see it, you said on the other forum they were saying your too big etc.
I wouldn't say your heavy but for a sec A 2year old, that you will be riding reg. I take it you will ride him with a saddle, your bum probably won't fit in the saddle and sit back on the cantle, meaning you are pressing into pressure points on a very young pony.

Racers and QH shouldn't really be broken that young but they have amounts of weight by the riders that aren't hardly anything to them, with a welsh a its alot different.

You won't actually be able to reregester him as a C, theres alot of difference.

2year olds are ok to back and do abit before turning away to mature, not in full work.
We have B's that take longer to develop, probably about 6/7 there properlly grown. I haven't bred A's bebfore but a close friend does.

Anyway not meaning to start going into one like Milo+Fizz explaining why some people who have had a go on other forums may of done.

Lovely ponies though.

There lovely, I'm not trying to "stir" before you start jumping on me that I am.

From my point of view this is how I see it, you said on the other forum they were saying your too big etc.
I wouldn't say your heavy but for a sec A 2year old, that you will be riding reg. I take it you will ride him with a saddle, your bum probably won't fit in the saddle and sit back on the cantle, meaning you are pressing into pressure points on a very young pony.

Racers and QH shouldn't really be broken that young but they have amounts of weight by the riders that aren't hardly anything to them, with a welsh a its alot different.

2year olds are ok to back and do abit before turning away to mature, not in full work.
We have B's that take longer to develop, probably about 6/7 there properlly grown. I haven't bred A's bebfore but a close friend does.

Anyway not meaning to start going into one like Milo+Fizz explaining why some people who have had a go on other forums may of done.

Lovely ponies though.

its a shame i didnt know ponies at 2yrs should not be ridden my expierinace is limited in horsey knowledge, i hope that you think about his well being if it wil lcreate joint problems is there any way you could excersise him with a younger /shorter freind or local child that way it wouldnt be as much pressure? no one is saying you are a heffer, just that itt may be kindest not to ride him until he is bigger? x

I don't think there is a major problem with you having a sit on him, taking him for a light hack every now and again.
If you were doing a lot of work with him, then yes, it can screw up their joints (which we all know about with race horses).

I love all of them :love:
What do you do with them?

I'm looking for a horse at the moment :wave:
Not allowed to take my old nag to University :(

That's exactly what I want to do with him :)
Just until next year when he can start some proper work, then maybe if I keep him when he's 4, I can take him to SJ comps and do some ridden M&M and WHP :D

Molly does some SJ and ODE, still going strong at 20 :)
Ilex is retired, but goes out for the odd hack.
Tiny pony is just going to walk out in the woods and up and down the road a few times.

Ohh, what are you looking for? I'll keep my eye out :D

Lovely ponies though.

With any luck I'll try and get a treeless that fits both of us. My jeans are always quite saggy so my butt probably looks massive on him, but if I fail at finding a saddle then i'll just ride him bareback. I did tonight and he's got abit fatter in the field (within the first day...oh joy lol) he seems abit easier to sit on. I'm pretty sure i'll be able to stay on once i've got used to it :)

I think I might turn him away over winter, or just ride him less. Mum works with a Westphalian mare and she's only just slowed down growing at 6years old.
I don't know any horse that's been at proper maturity at any younger than 6.
I think where he is now with me it's not even half the amount of work he was doing at his previous place. They were riding him last year so he'd have been about 18months old and they were driving him recently. That's why I don't think just hacking him a little bit is a bad thing lol.

THank you :)

its a shame i didnt know ponies at 2yrs should not be ridden my expierinace is limited in horsey knowledge, i hope that you think about his well being if it wil lcreate joint problems is there any way you could excersise him with a younger /shorter freind or local child that way it wouldnt be as much pressure? no one is saying you are a heffer, just that itt may be kindest not to ride him until he is bigger? x

They can be ridden, just not like, full work. (Well they can but then they screw up later in life).
Tbh, there isn't many child riders i'd put on him, just because he's not that experianced and a lot of the kids around here expect a plod or high level show pony that's push button. I'm a bit protective over who rides my horses too.
I'm going to start mainly ground work with him soon (lunging etc;). I really want to focus on some in-hand showing over this summer, not just for his potential but for the experiance too.
I'm not going to ride him anymore than a few times a week until he's 3 and filled out a bit more :)

lovely ponies, we recently took on a two year old, she has been lightly backed before coming to us, were not doing anything for another year or so, cant wait to start, but need to work on her manners first, in the mean time i have Breeze to enjoy, shes 12 this year, wow!! :love: :love:

They can be ridden, just not like, full work. (Well they can but then they screw up later in life).
Tbh, there isn't many child riders i'd put on him, just because he's not that experianced and a lot of the kids around here expect a plod or high level show pony that's push button. I'm a bit protective over who rides my horses too.
I'm going to start mainly ground work with him soon (lunging etc;). I really want to focus on some in-hand showing over this summer, not just for his potential but for the experiance too.
I'm not going to ride him anymore than a few times a week until he's 3 and filled out a bit more :)

that all sounds snesible then. x

Lovely ponies, and they looked well cared for. However i see other peoples points im afraid, ive been riding all my life, my dad and brother are farriers and my mum owned a saddlery shop and used to be a riding/driving instructor so can't say i agree with all your views and ways of doing things, you certainly are not a heffer :lol: but you are too big to sit on a youngster like that and dont think its a sensible idea with a huge bridle/bit like that but your horses look well cared for and thats the main thing :wave: Plus I love welshies, we have a sec C gelding and a sec D stallion. Your new welshy would look fab in harness!!

Last edited:
I'm not going to bring up the age issue with the grey. I ride 2 yr old Arabs so I ant say much.

I love all your pictures. Been pretty down lately and piccies of ponio's always make me smile. :)

Back