• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concern for Bramble

clarebear

Mama Doe
Hi, I am a bit concerned about Bramble. He went to stay with my in-laws a few weeks ago, while we moved house and went on holiday. We collected him the day after we got back, as we'd missed him so much.

Put him back into his hutch and run, which we has taken to the in-laws. They were afraid to let him out, incase he ran away and they could catch him again. So he was confined to his hutch and run for two weeks.

We have a huge back garden now at our new house, so it's not possible to just let him have free range of the whole garden. We brought a play pen and have fenced off the patio area (which is huge!), and can now let him out again. It taken him a bit aof getting used to, but he seems much happier and was binking about the other evening, which was lovely to see.

However, he really doesn't seem to be back to his normal self. Very subduded, doesn't get real excited about his food like he used to, and doesn't run around his run when we go out the back door anymore. :cry:

I'm beginning to get worried about him. We brought him home just over a week ago, and are trying to get back into a normal routine with him again, but obviously there has been a lot going on and I don't feel I've had the time to spend with him.

Do you think it's just because he is getting used to the new house and garden? Must be weird for him.....it is for me! He was dead brave the other day and actually hopped in the house for a nosey around.

Also he hasn't moulted yet, so is still sporting a thick furry coat....is this a bit strange?

Any advice gratefully recieved x

He'll just be a bit confused and scared he's moving again. He moved from your old house to parents house then to new house. He'll be fine once he realises he is staying now put i'm sure.

Yeah I agree, moving back and forth is very stressful for bunnies, especially the journey. He should hopefully pick up soon :)

^I agree, he's probably feeling unsettled and waiting for the next upheaval, rabbits are so territorial so it's going to take him a while to feel settled in ,has he got all his familiar toys and bits out there with him? It's only been a week, and i'm sure you'll spend more time with him as soon as you can so try not to worry i'm sure he will be absolutely fine ;)

not sure about the moulting thing tbh, do you mean he hasn't moulted at all this year or just not recently? Joe had a big moult in January/February and has just started a bit of a one now so maybe he will have one too shortly?

Oh Lilly has only just started her moult now as well. Dex did hers ages ago and the boys are still waiting for their proper summer moult :D

Thanks for your advice. I really hope it's just a case of him settling in. He is in his same house, in pretty much the same spot as at the old house, and has all his toys and stuff around him.

Bramble hasn't moulted at all this year - poor little guy must be so hot!

Another wierd thing - he has totally gone off Broccoli......although I can't say I blame him about that!!

Back