• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sitting in the sun...

Loosy

Warren Veteran
Does anyone else's rabbits insist on sitting in the sun even when it's really hot? :roll:
I've set up a nice little shady corner that's covered with a towel and has a water bowl and a granite tile in it to keep them cool. They're both snuggled together in a little plastic igloo house my nan bought them, which is currently situated right in the sun :roll:
Ruby is usually the sensible one and sits in the shade, but Pipkin always seems to want to sunbathe, even with black fur!

It's the same in the rain, they seem to like it :?

My whites stay clear of the sun they are getting red ears :( Lilly my grey stays out of the sun too. My blackie Dexter is a complete sunbather!! She joins in with the "mad dogs and englishmen" or did untill i made huge shades for the run

I was wondering this too, Joe was sat out in it last night panting away when i got in from work, and i covered the run over and made a nice shady bit and he upped and moved into the sunny bit again :roll: and he's black too.

I too was thinking this ... only a section of the run was in the Sun and Lola my harlequin sat in it for ages ... totally spread out and loving it. Charlie the Grey stayed in the shade.

I guess they can get sunburn so probably best I limit her time in the Sun.

Back