• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

post dental pain relief - advice please asap

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
how long do you think a bun needs pain relief for after a dental?

es really isn't right. one or 2 bites of hay or herbs and she's asleep again. tried to syringe her some recovery earlier but she went mad - even managed to escape my bunny burrito.

she's usually asleep anyway at this time of day but obviously no input = no output and the poops she has done are sloppy.

there is a vet 5 mins away so i think i'll try there rather than 40 mins in a car to our usual vet.

think she may need more pain relief to get her munching?

Sorry to hear Esme isnt well :(
She probs needs some pain relief but take her for an examination incase the vet thinks its advisable to give her metacloperamide aswell to keep her guts going as shes not eating much.
Poor little girl, must be so horrible for them :(
Vibes for her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

depends on how badly damaged the soft tissue has been. Alvin had 1 tiny spur that hadnt touched the flesh so he needed none, im fairly certain jaysmonkeys bun was on pain relief for ages after a dental because how much pain her mouth was in.

i think it would be a good idea to get a few days supply or she may go into stasis if her mouth is too sore to eat :(

thanks guys. earliest app is 3.50. they did say it might be best to take her back to my own vets as they did the dental but that would mean over an hour in a hot car for her so i've opted for the one 5 mins away.

i'm not aware there was any soft tissue damage for esme - not like eric this time:( - but last (and i think the first) time she had a dental was the beginning of the end for her and eric's bond so she must feel really really off this time.

i'll never forgive myself if anything happens to her because i thought i was doing the right thing by having her teeth done:(

what meds ?

should i be hoping that the vets provide pain relief, gut stimulant and sub cut fluids?

sorry, my brains addled through lack of sleep - i can't even remember the names of the meds:roll:

yeah, metacam, metraclopramide/maxolon syrup, can't remember the name of the sub cut fluids

Good luck x

Back