• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Off to the vets this morning. Opinions on taking a companion?

Just taking Dolly for her VHD this morning. Is it ok to take Marley along with her for company or is this just causing unnescessary (SP?) stress for Marley?

The new cat box is huge and it wont be for very long. Opionons please?:)

I take Dan & Clo in pairs as they enjoy the ride and the trip out and getting fussed over.

Blackie I take on his own as Butter prefers to stay at home, but if I have to take Butter on his own Blackie goes to as he doesn't like being left behind.

It all depends on your bunnies characters really.

:) I don't normally take companions just for an injection. If it was for an overnight stay, or a stay for a day I would, but they should be fine I think for a jab :wave:

I generally take a buns partner if going for a vet visit to reduce the chances of a bond breaking.
However it probably depends on the individual rabbits & how much they stress.

I always take mine together to the vet for any appointment, unless one rabbit is very stressed by car travel this is the most sensible option for bonded pairs to prevent failing bonds after vet trips - it does happen!

:wave:

Thanks guys. They have been bonded for a while, but they havent been to the vets since theyve been sharing a hutch. They are both pretty chilled out buns as far as traveling goes, so i guess theres no harm in taking them together...just incase. :)

i took Alvin with Holly yesterday. he got abit of fuss but stayed firmly in the carrier :D

i think for routine things that are over so quick ill happily take a bonded pair but should illness strike and theres a possible being admitted id just take the poorly one.

Well were back now, Marley was just flat out in the carrier (such a chilled bun!), the vet didnt even know he was in there! :lol:

Dolly on the other hand, was making herself known to everyone and loves to poke her little nose through the door when we're at reception. Its her little way of announcing herself! She was climbing all over the vet...who has the sexyest french accent ive ever heard by the way!!! :oops::love:

I was concerned about the the use of cylap though :? i know it can cause pretty bad reactions, i just wish i had remembered to ask him before he gave it!!

Back