• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Walking Bunny?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Evey now and then, Marnie 'walks' rather than hops....it's usually when she is going through a tunnel or something similar...but is this normal?

Our rabbit 'walks' sometimes. She sometimes 'walks' backwards (after a fashion) to get out of a confined space. It's not as elegant or as fast as 'hopping', but she gets the job done.:?

Oh yes, completely normal. Both Bo and Blakey do this when going through tunnels and if they come to a space they not sure they'll fit through. I think it's really funny and call it their piggy walk cos it reminds me of a guinea pig :lol::lol:

It's fine :)

Skye ONLY walked for the first few days I had her, and she still does it now if she's investigating something new and potentially scary - it's her way of checking stuff out cautiously without get in too deep too quickly :lol: or also if she's got stuck somewhere and needs to ease her way out :lol:

Mine do it mainly when they're wary of something - if I put something new in the aviary for example - so it may be she's just a little unsure about going through the tunnel. :)

Both of mine do it when they're unsure of something or trying to squeeze somewhere with limited space (like underneath the shoe rack where I frequently found a Smudgie before I ruined his fun by moving it :roll: )

Back