• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

water bottles

does anyone elses bun, bang their water bottle about before having a drink? Princess ALWAYS does, she gets the end in her mouth and bangs it about for a good few mins then drinks :lol:

Mischa used to do this when he couldn't get the water out. Or got frustrated because it didn't run quite enough. I say used to cos they have a bowl now.

No they don't, i was thinking what Schuette said about maybe it's not flowing properly?? What type of bottle is it? Cos the one that came with mines indoor ferplast cage was useless, it had a grey lid, i went and got one of the"bunny bottles" with the red lid and never had any trouble with it at all, i do live in fear of something going wrong with it however so now they have got two, one in their downstairs run and one in the hutch bit upstairs.

Alfie used to do this until it fell of his dog crate and then he would lick the water up fro the kitchen floor. (he free ranges) in the end i got rid of the dog crate as I only used it to hold the bottle. He now has a bowl and seems loads better.

No they don't, i was thinking what Schuette said about maybe it's not flowing properly?? What type of bottle is it? Cos the one that came with mines indoor ferplast cage was useless, it had a grey lid, i went and got one of the"bunny bottles" with the red lid and never had any trouble with it at all, i do live in fear of something going wrong with it however so now they have got two, one in their downstairs run and one in the hutch bit upstairs.

Mischa did it less with one of those valve type bottles. He would often do it with his ball type bottle. And I remember Smudge doing it as well when I first got him and he was separate.

its one with a red lid, her first seemed to leak so I bought her a new one, and she bangs this too and this has started to leak :( its always before she even attempts to drink though so dont think it her getting mad cos she cant get it out :?

id get her a bowl but she always tips her food bowl over while eating, she likes to pick it up and throw it so Id hate to see the water bowl :shock: :lol: either that ot shed bathe in it :roll:

its one with a red lid, her first seemed to leak so I bought her a new one, and she bangs this too and this has started to leak :( its always before she even attempts to drink though so dont think it her getting mad cos she cant get it out :?

id get her a bowl but she always tips her food bowl over while eating, she likes to pick it up and throw it so Id hate to see the water bowl :shock: :lol: either that ot shed bathe in it :roll:

You could try using a heavy ceramic bowl for her water so that she cant pick it up xxxx

It's weird isn't it, do you think she's trying to move it or something? maybe it needs to be at a different height maybe? idk, funnybunny! I've just noticed you live in Wakey, I'm in Ossett :wave: There's two rabbits live near me - i spotted one out of the back bedroom window a few doors down and one over the road we walk past when we walk to the co-op (i'm so nosey haha) and i wonder if their bunnymummys are on here :)

I've noticed the past few days both mine pull at the spout with their teeth, like yhey can't get their mouth around it, so I'm off to get a different bottle with a longer spout.

It's weird isn't it, do you think she's trying to move it or something? maybe it needs to be at a different height maybe? idk, funnybunny! I've just noticed you live in Wakey, I'm in Ossett :wave: There's two rabbits live near me - i spotted one out of the back bedroom window a few doors down and one over the road we walk past when we walk to the co-op (i'm so nosey haha) and i wonder if their bunnymummys are on here :)

she is a funny bunny :lol: when I got her the new bottle she wouldnt even drink out of it, but when we 'rabbitsat' we popped the new one back in and she was fine :lol:

hi :wave: ossetts just up the rd from me :)

Back