• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Firefly is dead, my beautiful rabbit is gone.

Zara

Mama Doe
I know I don't post here as much as I'd like to, but please I'm so heartbroken right now.

It's still sinking in, we lost him about two hours ago. He was so happy though, this morning he was fine, his usual arrogant bouncy self. He more or less died in my arms, I found him all ill and floppy so we rushed him to the local animal hospital. Despite getting weaker I could tell he was comforted to be in my arms, he was snuggling up to me and kept looking up at me. When we got to the hospital, he was barely conscious, he'd gone all limp and the vet rushed him away to put him on a drip, but ten minutes later he had a fit and died. I have no idea what caused this, I looked after him so well, I'm heartbroken. He was only 3, I thought we had more time, you always think there is more time. The hardest part was bringing his body home, we're burying him tomorrow. We had such a strong bond, I'm still so shocked he's gone.

My beautiful boy is gone, it keeps hitting in waves. I don't understand what happened, it was so sudden. I wondered if he'd eaten something, but he hadn't been out in the garden that morning so he'd eaten no plants, I keep wondering if he'd eaten any ivy leaves at the back of the garden earlier in the week, but if that had been what killed him he'd of died earlier then today. I'm so lost, confused and full of guilt

Goodbye Firefly :cry:

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a pet when you're expecting it, so it must be devastating for you.
Hugs.

Thanks all, I just want my boy back. The vet said it seemed to be a natural death, but he was only three and so full of life that morning, and he was so pleased to be with me, even at the end. He was snuggling up in my arms, to anyone else he seemed content, but I wanted him to be back to his arrogant, trickster self.

It keeps crashing down on me in waves, all I want is my boy back

I'm really sorry - thinking of you. I'm sure there was nothing you did wrong - you should take comfort in that he had such a nice happy life with you xxx

You are in a state of shock and grieving you are bound to feel it in waves.

you did everything you could and looked after him well, the very same thing happened with my bunny holly, she was fine one minute then started having seizures, she died after the 2nd seizure and i never found out why :cry:

Please take care of yourself you have had a terrible shock. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back