• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please think of Pip tomorrow U/D 20/07 Teeth check!

Becca24

Mama Doe
My little man is going to be neutered tomorrow! :(

I am going to worry about him so much! I have packed up his lunch for him for when he comes round after the GA! Got to do lots of distracting things tomorrow.

Last edited:
aww that's adorable, can just imagine him toddling into the vets with a little lunchbox, must feel like his first day of school. Sending lots of vibes hun xxxxxxxx

I know :? but I guess it's a legal requirement thing. Mine start it, then peter out and say 'but you know all that' because I'm there so often with their teeth :lol:
Lots of vibes for Pip today, will be watching out for an update.
Tammy x

I suppose so but it makes me worry more!

I had to take my daughter with me to drop him off and she really was upset leaving him there she didnt understand bless her! :cry:

Thanks for the vibes and will update as soon as I hear anything!

Just dropped him off!! :cry::cry::cry:

Why do they have to remind you about the risks, its not like I dont know!! :evil:

I know, they have to make it sound way riskier than it is as well.

Will be thinking of the gorgeous Pip today, sending him lots of vibes xxx

pip

I suppose so but it makes me worry more!

I had to take my daughter with me to drop him off and she really was upset leaving him there she didnt understand bless her! :cry:

Thanks for the vibes and will update as soon as I hear anything!
i forget about the time difference,..i am in seattle washington,u.s.a--figure about 9-10 hours,,anyway has the dasterdly deed been done--poor little guy,,he-will be all better-soon,,meds?? -what kinda fee goes with neutering-over there,, across the pond.//.one of my-(kits)- havana rabbit sustained damage requiring surgery to save his life,,he survived--all better now--his little brother has never appologized-nor have i for given him--i call him slasher,,hopeing everything is ok with pip..sincerely james waller:wave:check my profile to cruise my website

i forget about the time difference,..i am in seattle washington,u.s.a--figure about 9-10 hours,,anyway has the dasterdly deed been done--poor little guy,,he-will be all better-soon,,meds?? -what kinda fee goes with neutering-over there,, across the pond.//.one of my-(kits)- havana rabbit sustained damage requiring surgery to save his life,,he survived--all better now--his little brother has never appologized-nor have i for given him--i call him slasher,,hopeing everything is ok with pip..sincerely james waller:wave:check my profile to cruise my website

Be a few more hours before I will here anything!! The fee for neutering at my vets is £73 but it is more expensive than some other vets in the area, others charge approx £50. Poor Havana and nawty slasher!!

Well he is home safe and sound apart from a sore ear and a being a bit quiet he seems ok! He has been eating, I havent seen him poo or wee yet though!

The vet nurse I saw did say that when they checked his teeth they were growing very quickly and were too long really for his age. :(:(

Am going to cut his pellets back and hopefully we can make it a bit better! Poor boy, wasnt really expecting that as last time they were checked were told they were really good! :?

Glad to hear he's come through well and he's eating :thumb:
Lots of pooping vibes for him.
Now, Mr Pip, you must nom lots of hay to keep your teefs down :)

Could lack of grass contributed to his teeth not wearing down enough?? I only managed to get a pen yesterday for him to go on the lawn. :?

Grass is good but especially the stalky type rather than new growth which can be a tad rich. Hay's the best for teeth wearing. I'm still trying to get my lot to eat the stuff but they're proper dental buns so it seems to hurt them so i'm growing some special stalky grass to try and wean them onto hay :lol:

Grass is good but especially the stalky type rather than new growth which can be a tad rich. Hay's the best for teeth wearing. I'm still trying to get my lot to eat the stuff but they're proper dental buns so it seems to hurt them so i'm growing some special stalky grass to try and wean them onto hay :lol:

My biggest fear is him being a dental bun! :cry: My grass is quite soft and green no very stalky. Is it when the grass gets longer is get stalky, if that makes sense?

Might get some more oat hay, trouble is I buy the small oxbow bags and they are nearly £5 per bag and so for a bag or oat and timothy thats like a tenner - dont get me wrong he is totally worth the money and obviously I want him to be healthy just wish it was cheaper! :(

Yeah, as it gets older it gets tougher which is better for their teeth. I'm still experimenting with hay at the mo so unfortunately can't advise to any good or cheaper ones, and knowing our lot they'll only like one that has to be picked by virgins on a remote hill top in Peru that costs more per gram than gold :lol:

Yeah, as it gets older it gets tougher which is better for their teeth. I'm still experimenting with hay at the mo so unfortunately can't advise to any good or cheaper ones, and knowing our lot they'll only like one that has to be picked by virgins on a remote hill top in Peru that costs more per gram than gold :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

So glad to hear it went well :) lops are prone to dental problems :( When I first got Castiel he had spurs on his teeth, but they have disappeared now because he gets hardly any pellets and all the hay he can nom. If you cut back on pellets (slowly obviously) he should eat more hay. I don't feed veg until the afternoon so they have all morning to concentrate on hay :)

Last edited:
Back