• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

runny poo after dental & recovery food

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
anyone else get this?

esme seemed really happy outside this afternoon but as i brought her in i noticed a splat of really runny poo (no dangerous plants within her reach at all).

each poo she's done since is just mush.

she had a ga dental yesterday and i know that they syringe feed recovery food so i'm wondering whether the after effects of the ga or maybe the recovery food can upset the tum?

Poor Essie :( I'd give her hay only for the next 24 hours to try and settle her tummy. Sending lots of vibes :love: xXx

Mine always get the runs after a GA, always. They get the runs from recovery as well. Give her fibreplex to help, and perhaps grind hay up with carrot in a blender, and give her that? Her mouth is probably too sore to want to eat normal hay right now.

Last edited:
I know when Merlin was being syringe fed he had very runny poo which the vet put down to the syringe feed. Hope she is OK soon.

thank you - its a relief to know that other buns take a while to settle. she's eaten a bit of hay and a couple of pellets. her faves at the moment are carrot tops and oddly enough, pea flakes - all of which i've hand fed.

just remembered that she enjoyed the raspberry leaf earlier so i'll go pick some more (poor little plant has hardly started to grow but i don't care if essie will enjoy the leaves).

i don't give her carrot as that in itself gives her runny poo:?

eta think i should try and get some recovery into her or may that do more harm than good? she seems to be having a little nibble when she feels like it and really doesn't like me keep disturbing her whilst she's snoozing to see if she's ok:oops:

maybe her mouth is sore today as the pain killer will have worn off?

Last edited:
Back