• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for Sam-in stasis

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
my dear Sam suddenly went off his food yesterday. I had to get him to the emergency vet last night as he was dehydrated. They gave him fluids and i took him back this morning. hes had metroclopramide, baytril, metacam and infacol. i'm syringe feeding him now plus plenty of water by syringe with probiotics in. He is so fed up and just wants to ly down. He won't eat or drink:( he perked up a little this morning when he had his gut stimulant and ate a little. I now have some for at hom e which i have given but it didn't give the same effect(perhaps because it wasn't by injection?). I'll be taking him back in the morning if he's still the same.
He's produced a few small droppings although they were sticky with a little mucus...but the most he has produced since yesterday and he is taking his feeds quite well...i'll keep up with all this so i think i'm doing all i can.......
please send vibes for my dear boy as he is such a special bunny and i just can't lose him!

Sending loads of massive get well vibes for Sam. Have you tried gentle belly massage and i warm pack may help a little. I hope he recovers quickly.xx

thanks everyone! helps to know you are thinking of us.
he has had some more poos..bigger this time and ate one piece of basil...so its a start! he has had a really good syringe feed and took lots of water so i am just hoping he can fight this!
just wish i knew why! he was fine before and eating like a pig like he usually does! hes never been like this before!

good news!!:D sam has eaten a big pile of herbs this morning and even a few pellets! he looks very tired but is obviously feeling better than he did....phew what a relief!! I'll keep up the treatments today and just hope he doesn't relapse....thank for all your kind words xx

Back