• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do they do this?

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Can someone explain!!

Photo0264-vi.jpg

There is a nice soft comfy duvet to sleep on so WHY (and this isn't just Smudge who does this!) do they insist on sleeping on the rough carpet?

Am I the only one with masochistic bunnies like this?

ETA: You can see in this photo just how awful my carpet is! Next thing on the agenda... a new floor!

You know what i wondered why gracie did this :? she has lovely fluffy fleeces to lie on yet wants to lay on hard laminate floor :roll: xxxxxxx

I'm going to get me some lino on the floor and put duvets down. I find fleeces just collect all the hay but with duvets it brushes off nicely. I buy cheap thin singles ones so I can get them in the washing machine. At the moment I'm having to put plastic sheeting under the duvet to protect the carpet and I only have enough for one. :?

At least yours don't pee on them:p

Anything soft on the floor, that doesn't smell of me and Sally pee's on it:lol::roll:

Mine detests any surface with "give" in it. I think it's to do with feeling stable when he hops.
Goodness but you should see him on a duvet or blanket! He smooths it out with his front paws like a snow plough, & gets in a right state.

Yes they do :oops: Just not all the time, only occasionally.

:lol: The last time I put my sons duvet on the floor as I was painting his room, I thought "just for a second she wont be that fast"...:roll::oops:

I also agree with thumps in that they like to be sure they have a good footing, I guess being prey animals they have to be able to escape pretty sharpish.

I see, nice to have an answer! It's not good for their hocks though, dammit. :roll:

I see, nice to have an answer! It's not good for their hocks though, dammit. :roll:

That's exactly my worry, although he's OK if he lies like your bun. It's when he cradles his tummy & puts all his weight on his hocks I have to be careful. Poor fella gets his toy rabbit confiscated, & is only allowed her on the lawn. :oops:

That's exactly my worry, although he's OK if he lies like your bun. It's when he cradles his tummy & puts all his weight on his hocks I have to be careful. Poor fella gets his toy rabbit confiscated, & is only allowed her on the lawn. :oops:

They don't always lie like that. Though as they are settling more they are flopping and laying down more. :thumb:

I put a single duvet down for gracie and came down the next morning to see she had chewed most of it i nearly died :shock: xxxxxxx

Oh fortunately mine arn't really chewers! There are a couple of holes in the cover but not very big.

Oh fortunately mine arn't really chewers! There are a couple of holes in the cover but not very big.

I have a right little monkey here she chews EVERYTHING!
I found this morning she has chewed through my library book :oops: im the first one to borrow it too :oops: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back