• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

metroclopramide-how often

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
can this be given every 12 hours? my bunny is is stasis and had an inj at 9.30 this morning and perked up for a couple of hours and ate and drank a little then he has gone back to refusing everything. wondered if he can have another inj or is there anything they can give me to take home?
have tried ring vet nbut they are swamped and are going to ring me back

we was also given it in tablet form for home treatment. if i was you id deffo be asking for fluid injection too if you take him back today, it made a huge difference when alvin was poorly and being admitted daily... i had to cry alot but they gave in even though they said he didnt need it. i used the but i CANT syringe him over night :oops:

can this be given every 12 hours? my bunny is is stasis and had an inj at 9.30 this morning and perked up for a couple of hours and ate and drank a little then he has gone back to refusing everything. wondered if he can have another inj or is there anything they can give me to take home?
have tried ring vet nbut they are swamped and are going to ring me back

Hi Lisa, did the vet give pain relief too? Also as Donna says fluid hydration is really important especially as it's so warm today.

Hope he soon recovers x

thanks both of you!
just been down to the vet and they have given me maxolon tablets to give Sam every 6 to 8 hours so I am happy with that.
He also had fluids last night and this morning and i have been syringing water with probiotics in him today which he is taking. He also had a good couple of drinks arfter his shot this morning. He is also on metacam and baytril and has had a thourough check up.
i have no idea what has caused it..he was fine one minute and them not the next. he won't eat or drink (except after his jabs this morning for a couple of hours) he is just lying down. he is letting my syringe critical care so i know i just have to keep at it! hopefully the tablets will help. i'll be taking him to the vet again in the morning if he's still the same.

Ohhhh Lisa, sending Sam and you big hugs. Zantac is also good when buns are in stasis. Tell Sam I expect to see a photo of him running about tomorrow or I will come down and tell him off

Let me know how you get on with him and you know where I am if you need anything:)

fingers crossed, for some reason sometimes it takes a few days to kick start the gut again.

hope he picks up soon xxxx

Back