• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concerned about a wildie

Coineanach

Wise Old Thumper
Wasn't sure where to put this so please move if in the wrong place :)

On the way I walk to work I see lots of wildies. Last week I spotted one further on, away from the rest of the buns. It's on a grass patch beside a very busy road, a good 4 streets away from the other rabbits and across two roads. I'm worried about it as there are no other buns around and this one is very small. It has very little road sense - it keeps running towards the busy road and getting very close to the edge.

I don't know what to do about it. Obviously I don't want to touch it but I'm terrified that one day I might come back from work to find it in the road. I sat and watched it for over an hour (must've looked like a right nutter) and it just ate and ran about. It seems very tame too - I got within about 2 feet of it and it continued to nibble away. I was waiting to see if it had a burrow of some description, it did run into the bushes at one point but once it'd left I had a good rake about and couldn't see one.

It also decided running into a car park was a good idea until I chased it back to its grass patch. It just seems to have no common sense. Any ideas?

Oh I don't know :? Like you say you can't touch it or take it away from it's surroundings really can you? I think unfortunately you're just going to have let nature take it's course and hope it doesn't get knocked down.

Back