• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Been to Hurghada, Egypt ... in March?

Bitzy

Mama Doe
As the title says really ....... we've booked to go with OH's family next March but I've just found out that its still classed as 'winter' then and can get quite chilly at night.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience??

Cheers, Jo x

I ended up flying from Hurghada when I was stuck in Egypt during the ashcloud. Was only there for an hour or so (just drove through it) but it looked LOVELY, I wanted to stay!
I wouldn't have thought it would be cold in March. We went in April and it was hot hot hot then. I don't think there would be that much difference in just one month...

I've been in late January and the days were nice but the evenings were chilly and often quite windy. I would take some jeans and a jacket just incase.

I haven't been to Hurghada in March but we did Taba in March a few years ago which isn't too far from Hurghada. It was very hot all the time - including the evenings and nights. Although the evenings were cooler than the day, they were pleasantly warm rather than cold. You can certainly leave the cardigans and thermals at home! :D

Back