• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stuck on application form for job

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Ability to work in an organised manner with initiative

Ability to work flexibly at a number of locations, including evenings and weekends

Argh I hate application forms, I can never 'read' what they are asking for!

Ability to work flexibly at a number of locations, including evenings and weekends

You are in 'Rabbit Chat'.......................... ;)

I used to work in personnel years ago and on the college course they told us that a good way to make your c.v/application form stand out is to subtly copy bits from the advert i.e If it says we are looking for a highly motivated individual who has an excellent eye for detail and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office then in your application put "I am a highly motivated person" in there somewhere and "I have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office" etc if the person who wrote the ad is reading the applications and you have done this then you are automatically ticking all the right boxes for what they are looking for when they skim through your application.

Ask them if they have a job spec and a person spec - if they do make sure everything they are looking for is on your application!

Good luck :wave: x

I think that means:

Ability to work in an organised manner with initiative.

Ability to understands what the work entails and its objectives and can organise one's personal activities to achieve these objectives. In addition, to not require spoon-feeding and being told what to do all the time but can use iniative to respond to different situations in order to achieve the desired/required outcomes and results.

Ability to work flexibly at a number of locations, including evenings and weekends.

Could be asked to work at a number of different locations and times. Prepared to make the necessary arrangements in one's personal life in order to be able to do this on a regular basis.

Back