• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mrs Brown isn't a well bunny/ passed away

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I don't know what is going on with her but her weight is falling off :( I have been saying for weeks if not months that I think she has cancer but the vets aren't convinced :?

When she was neutered her uterus was normal and everything else appeared OK. She also hasn't had one of her strange stasis/collapse/abdomen dropping episodes since the beginning of May.

But I weighed her 2 weeks ago and she was 2.02kg which was down on previous months, today I have just popped her on the scales and she is around 1.8kg :(

She is happy and bright in herself, but everything about her screams at me cnacer :( We have had/have so many rabbits with cancer and she just seems the same as them :?

Maybe I am being paranoid because of the other bunnies but something is causing her weight loss. Now off to ring the vets...

Last edited:
Sending massive vibes for her and hugs to you. I really hope it isn't cancer and she pickes up and starts putting weight back on. Come on Mrs Brown we all want you to get better.xxx

I hope you're wrong you already have enough on your plate :( sending loads of vibes for her and you xxxxxxxxx

I hope I'm wrong too. She is the most gentle sweet bunny :love: even the nurses commented on how friendly she was when she had to be syringe fed :)

Not good news

The vet could feel lumps at the top of her intestines, cancer seems very likely :(:(

She is booked in for x-rays and bloods next wednesday

Oh dear :( I'm sorry, I still hope it isn't cancer but if it is I hope they can do everything to make her as comfortable as possible x

I am really sad but not at all surprised, I have known it for ages :(

I haven't been feeling her for tumours as I wouldn't have a clue what I was feeling for:oops: but cancer bunnies just have something different about them, the way they eat and behave and generally look overall :?

I am sorry that your fears about Mrs B may be confirmed :cry:

I know what you mean about 'cancer Buns' :cry:

Hopefully Mrs B will remain comfortable xx

Oh no, what crappy news, even if it was half expected.

Here's hoping that she'll be happy and comfortable. x

Oh no :cry: Poor Mrs B. You did say you thought it was didnt you :cry: Wish you weren't right so often! I hope she has more happy garden time yet xx

Back