• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

got my playhouse

pennypoos

Mama Doe
I went to collect my "new to me" playhouse this morning.
So far i have painted the front and back, replaced the door hinges and hammered a few nails in to some of the frame work that was coming loose. Tomorrow my brother is taking me to buy some wood for the base and the roof because the old stuff is rotton. It looks a bit shabby at the minute, and needs quite allot of TLC, but i`ll get it lookin like a little bunny palace soon.:D

I am sure that it will be wonderful place by the time you have finished.

And absolutely agree with above - photos please of all the stages - great for reference for others.:D

I would love a playhouse for my bunnies.. or two actually for my two pairs... was just looking at them online...

Love to see pictures!

cant wait to see pics this is my next project for buns for winter we have wendy house thats just used to store kids toys in they dont play in it as such so me been having ideas on using it for buns def for the winter but then kaing run onto it for next summer what do you clad your inside with to make it warmer for winter as mine has lots gaps so would want to perhaps insulate and then clad with ply? what insulation do you all use if any? xxx

cant wait to see pics this is my next project for buns for winter we have wendy house thats just used to store kids toys in they dont play in it as such so me been having ideas on using it for buns def for the winter but then kaing run onto it for next summer what do you clad your inside with to make it warmer for winter as mine has lots gaps so would want to perhaps insulate and then clad with ply? what insulation do you all use if any? xxx

You can buy polystyrene board in wicks, I`m going to use those for insulation and then cover it with plywood.

I`v taken a few photos today, so when I`m a bit further on with faffing it up, I`ll post them.:)

Ooohh sounds exciting! :D

Look forward to pics..... I plan to do the same with our shed-on-order insulation-wise - polystyrene sheets with ply on top. :)

I hope to take pics of my shed as we progress too. We've made a start by pressure washing the yard lol.

ooh we have some lucky bunnies lol i cant wait get started hubby not impressed after i got him building big run under hutch tee hee well why cant they have both lol i could attach the lot together eventually who knows :lol:

ooh we have some lucky bunnies lol i cant wait get started hubby not impressed after i got him building big run under hutch tee hee well why cant they have both lol i could attach the lot together eventually who knows :lol:

I wonder sometimes about just how much this project is taking over..... so far we have removed two gardens with small walls on our yard (lots of work and a Maxi Hippo Bag and a Midi Hippo Bag full of soil / gravel / bricks lol), swept, pressure washed and swept the yard again and have had so many discussions about what sort of roof to have on the run....... I realised how nutty it was that we were arguing about the rabbit run roof just before we went to sleep! :shock:

Scary! :lol:

Back