• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there such a breed as a dutch with lop ears?

CrazyGal330

Warren Scout
I have always loved dutch markings, having had two so far, and I have always wanted a bunny with lop ears as i find them adorable, is it possible to get this as a variety, or does such a bun not exist? I dont know much about varieties but ive never seen a dutch with floppy ears :eek: :)

There is no such thing as a pure bred lop-eared Dutch. It might be possible to find a cross breed, though they may have health issues. I suggest you adopt a Dutch and a lop from a rescue (buns need to be kept in pairs or groups anyway) so you can enjoy them for their individual characteristics.

Last edited:
As a dutch lover/owner, also until sadly recently a gorgous lop, I would just have one of each not a mix,

There are some odd mixes around, quite often result in health problems, nots something i would consider, ive seen lionhead x, and a lop x dutch and i would much prefere a a bun as he/she should be and not mixed. there has been to many cases of rescue buns with dental respitory probs caused by mixing a breed :(

I don't really think you can generalise that crossbreeds are of worse health than purebreeds, when so many purebred rabbits have health problems resulting from being inbred :? It's totally dependent on the individual rabbits involved - haven't you ever heard the term "hybrid vigour"?

I have seen lopped rabbit with dutch markings...I would ask around some rescues rather than trying to get one specifically bred though ;)

Back