• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holly Been the vets today....

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
and all seems good. shes had her VHD jab :D

heart was good :D weight was same as last time :D possible problem tooth is still there, vet don't think its changed since i took her in a few weeks ago so its possibly being keep stable by the sheer volume of hay Holly gets through so teeth check mid Aug unless we have issues sooner.

shes not happy with the amount of drinking so she said 6 monthly panacur and possible blood tests to check the kidneys when the hot weather goes away. i did say it had gone down when the heat went away then shot back up this week when i started new hay and my house has gone hot again :evil:

she fights worse than Alvin :shock::shock::shock: and ive been thumped at several times :roll:

I just had a thought. When Mischa was drinking more the vet suspected tooth problems. Could it be her tooth is playing her up more than it appears? Mind you, I suppose then she wouldn't eat hay with such gusto although Mischa was still eating hay great guns.

Glad to hear she's doing well. :)

I'm having to fill up the water bottle much more than usual........my 2 are more thirsty than me the day after a booze binge. ;):roll:
Fingers crossed it's just the heat.

that tooth is only the way it is because the one above had been broke at some point, its not touching the tongue yet and shes eating loads more hay than pearl ever did so i dont think its a tooth issue making her drink more because when it was cooler they drank far less. im more worried its EC or kidneys tbh her hay eating is too much to be a poorly mouth i beleive

eta - its not a spur btw its the whole tooth thats a slight misshape to suit the broken one above and its not sharpe its rounded i think, it if was annoying the tongue the vet would of delt with it sooner rather than later but she thinks its probably been like it is for months if not years without problems and she doesnt want to do a GA for the sake of it. thats why its being monitored :D

Last edited:
Thats good news... my two have been eating tons of hay since I found a new supplier.. thank god that I did find somewhere that sold farm hay.. I could not affortd to keep my two hay munchers in the bagged stuff:shock::oops:

Also as I have been feeding more hay and less pelletts they have started to drink more:wave:

she had me a bit worried last night, i had to keep checking she was ok.. hardly ate any hay :shock::shock: or drank :shock::shock::shock:

happily shes bounced right back today :D:D

VHD jabs are bloody scary :oops::oops:

aww glad shes doing ok - you have 2 feisty buns dont you!! :D

yeah, im not sure whether to be pleased i have two Alvins or not :lol::lol:

at one point the vet was trying to listen to her heart while keeping her quiet with her eyes covered and me standing by all useless... how comes my buns arent scared by the table top and freeze :lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah, im not sure whether to be pleased i have two Alvins or not :lol::lol:

at one point the vet was trying to listen to her heart while keeping her quiet with her eyes covered and me standing by all useless... how comes my buns arent scared by the table top and freeze :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I feel like that sometimes - Sooty and Mittens are brilliant at the vets - The boys Oreo and Charlie absolutely flip out and the vet looks at me as if to say "can you not control your rabbits" :oops:

Yeah I feel like that sometimes - Sooty and Mittens are brilliant at the vets - The boys Oreo and Charlie absolutely flip out and the vet looks at me as if to say "can you not control your rabbits" :oops:

luckily for me my vet has met worse :shock::shock::shock: :lol::lol:

Back