• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poorly Nunzeo. Didn't make it.

isla

Mama Doe
Hes off hisfood again, but I think its teeth this time as hes not showing any signs of GI and he has wanted toeat a little,mainly just SS recovery. My poor boy, he looksreally really rough this morning. I should have taken him last night, but I just gave him a little metacam and infacol hopingis was tum troubles. We will be going as soon as the vet opens though.

I don't know what happens with teeth problems, should I pack a little bag of dinner for when he wakes up (if they need burring), Abbey will be staying with him, so I probably should take a bit of hay.

Last edited:
Unfortunately teeth problems and tummy problems are usually linked.

I would take some hay and veg in with them incase he needs admission. Dont forget to tell the Vet about the Metacam he had last night as this will influence what meds he is given this morning

Good luck xx

Thanks ladies.

Don't worry I always remember to let the vet know what I give them at home, it'll be a new vet though that we have never been to, so they might not like the at home medical care,never mind, I'mnot leaving him in pain when I don't have too.

ETA; hes just had a little drink of warm water and a bit of alfalfa hay.

Last edited:
Poor little man is in the vets at the moment, it was probably histeeth that stopped him eating so he is having a burr later this morning. The vet is a little worried about his age and the GA, but he has to have the opp.

Abbey has gone with him, and has a packed lunch. I really hope it all goes well :(

The vet phoned and said he'd had an infected molar, so they removed it and he was recoving well. Then rang again half hr later and said he'd had a heart attack and there was nothing they could do.

Abbey is looking for him.

I'm heartbroken, he really was my baby boy. I don't know what to do, Abbey is so stressed - she is eating still, but she ran in the shed, and was looking allover for him, and shes sat in the top of the hutch, poor girl she looks so lost.

Oh god Im so so sorry for your loss :cry:

Give Abbey loads of cuddles and attention, you'll really need eachother over the next few weeks.

Thinking of you both xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My heart goes out to you - its truly gut wrenching and I am so very very sorry.

All I can say is time will heal slowly - and I am beginning to be able to think of Lucy and smile now instead of lie for hours crying.

All my love to you x x

Back