• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What colour is your buns poo?

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
And how big is it.

since mine have been having free range time in the garden and have started eating grass (I did wean them onto it by giving some in their run before letting them in the garden), their poops have shrunk and they are always dark.

They used to have big light brown poops which i believe is very healthy for bunnies. What do you do about yours??

Mine go through phases really. Generally speaking I give them pellets in the morning about 30minutes before I let them out free ranging so they tend to eat less grass which equals better colour poos.

:)

And how big is it.

since mine have been having free range time in the garden and have started eating grass (I did wean them onto it by giving some in their run before letting them in the garden), their poops have shrunk and they are always dark.

They used to have big light brown poops which i believe is very healthy for bunnies. What do you do about yours??

From all that I've read on here - it's normal for a rabbits' poo to be dark coloured and smaller when eating a fair amount of grass.

So I wouldn't worry. Think about how wild bunny poo looks - dark brown and small - because they live on grass predominantly, not hay.

Oh how I love RU for it's poo discussions!! :lol: :lol:

Most of ours are golden in colour but this can depend entirely on which veg they have had, if they have had any meds etc.

This is a normal poo in our household.

BusterandTululahPoo003.jpg

But this is for our own rabbits.

We have rescue buns that are still having their diet adjusted since they arrrived.

These are some belonging to a bunny who arrived on Saturday.

Very dark and teeny weeny.

13June2010015.jpg

Large golden poops are from a bun on hay as the staple food.
The poops are very much darker when grass is the staple food & this is just as healthy.
When they are on grass they need less veg.
Lawn grass can be lush & a bit low in fiber. If the poops are much smaller, & tear drop shaped, I'd add some bramble leaves to their diet for more fiber. The poops will still be dark but should be bigger & round. :)

Ditto to all of that - more grass, darker (sometimes wetter) poops. More hay - light golden poops and larger - about the size of a large pea!!! :D

Back