• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and water bowls

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Since the weather has been warmer bot pairs of buns have had a water bowl as well as the bottles to drink from.

The Little Boys (Blackie & Butter) keep their spotless.

The Big Boys (Dan & Clo) get hay in theirs as soon as it;s freshly filled, and they always manage to get at least one poo in there too :roll: I wouldn't mind, but they're so tidy about going in the litter tray the rest of the time.

Since the weather has been warmer bot pairs of buns have had a water bowl as well as the bottles to drink from.

The Little Boys (Blackie & Butter) keep their spotless.

The Big Boys (Dan & Clo) get hay in theirs as soon as it;s freshly filled, and they always manage to get at least one poo in there too :roll: I wouldn't mind, but they're so tidy about going in the litter tray the rest of the time.

:lol::lol: im lucky my buns keep theres clean

Mine just spill there's straight away. Archie loves his water bowls but he always knocks it over and his ears end up getting soaked, i've had to confiscate them now!

:lol::lol: I hate water bowls, when Cass had one there was always floaters in it

EWWWWWWWWWWWW! :lol:

My pair have become water-aholics since having a bowl! :p

They love drinking from a bowl - but Hollie makes a noise like a drain when she slurps her water from it! (yes; she definitely slurps lol! :lol:)

They keep it quite clean but it is on the opposite side of the crate to their litter tray. :)

All mine have bowls, they do manage to get hay in it but I am happy to say that they dont poop in it. They do drink lots more than when they have bottles, it seems too much of a struggle for them.

Mine have a bowl in their run, and they end up jumping in it, then tip it over :) thank goodness for water bottles in their hutch.

Mine have a bowl in their run, and they end up jumping in it, then tip it over :) thank goodness for water bottles in their hutch.

Yeah, I'd never take the bottles away, having seen the way the Big Boys treat their water bowl (it's also a paddling pool and somewhere to throw the toys in to :roll:)

rosie doesn't know what to do with a water bottle, mind you neither did mowgli :lol:

I know what you mean! Robert had one, but it became clear he prefered a bowl. Gertie has one and when they're together they have to have both, but when they're separate, Robert has his bowl and she has her bottle. :roll:

Robert's water bowl is always spotless! :lol:

Mine has a bowl in every room. They've always been spotless. He won't use a bottle. It's very hard work for him to get a good drink.
It took me a while to get the height of the rim right, so he doesn't get his dewlap wet!!

Lola likes the bowl from time to time but both mainly use the bottle. Benson has never tried the bowl. I just find rabbit hair in mine every morning. I'm blessed with two little angles!! :angel: :angel:

I only started giving penny a bowl after she was spayed, she wouldn`t drink from a bottle after that so it got binned. George and Misty were given water out of a bowl at the rescue i got them from, so thats what they have here at their new home. I change the water in it several times a day because george is a scruffy sod and poos in the bowl or digs in the hutch and it gets full of straw.:roll:

I use heavy ceramic bowls which they can't tip over. I also sit them on a housebrick to keep them off the hutch floor

Don't get me started :shock:
It took me TWO years to teach Charlie to drink out of a bowl and not just pee in it like he did when he was younger.
When I tried it a few months back, he just kept trying to tip it.
This time, I managed to get him to not tip it... And he's drinking out of it :D...And then the other day he pee'd in it. :roll: So he's naughty.
He also keeps dropping his toys in it.
AND he keeps standing in it :shock: It's near his door so he can reach it, and whenever he then comes over to see me he ends up with wet feet. Half the time he just sits there like he hasn't noticed!
I'm afraid my bunneh isn't too smart

Mine all prefer bowls now. I'm put them a way away from their litter trays so we very rarely get hay and poos in there. Nutmeg fell in it the other night though. :oops: And Smudge likes standing in it. I think he thinks it's his own personal paddling pool.

Some of you have messy buns. :lol::lol::lol:

Alfie and Bubbles have a bowl and they both have a morning routine - scoff their pellets and then sit in wait by the water bowl because they know I'm about to refill it with lukewarm water. :roll: :lol::lol:

my buns think its fun to stand in their bowl then run around flicking their feet every where :roll:,

then when they have had enough fun doing that they decide lets just tip it over and make a swimming pool :roll:

I love them really :love:

Back