• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bun bite?

Do your buns bite?

• Yes, all the time!

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Yes, fairly often

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Occassionally

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Once or twice they have, but it's very rare

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Nope, never ever!

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Just interested to know. It's multiple choice so if you've got more than one bun, select one for each of them. :)

Having said that, how do you vote again...? :?

Last edited:
none of my bunnies have ever bitten me... touch wood.

But Daisy has boxed me.. when shes in a mood :( :roll:

by bite do you mean an actual attack/ launched bite that has broken skin and made you bleed for a while....or are you including annoyed nips?

Herbie - No, cos he does not have any incisors
Inca - She has a couple of times when she doesn't want picked up for her meds.

Dandelion bit my sister once :lol:, and he once sort of felt my arm with his teeth and decided against it :lol:

The other three never have :)

I have a bite off Castiel that I think is going to scar! The mark is still there from ages ago. Zero used to bite me all the time but he doesn't now, and Harvey nips when you're in his way but doesn't bite :)

Blue,Bracken and Mouse don't, Bramble never did.

Honey does but not in a vicious meaning to way. Shes got very little sight in her remaining eye and mostly deaf so when shes scared she bites whatever is there wether its you or a bar or anything.

Saying that Blue bit me for the first time on saturday the little sod, was when bonding though, blooming nice old purple mark and teeth marks.

Last edited:
by bite do you mean an actual attack/ launched bite that has broken skin and made you bleed for a while....or are you including annoyed nips?

All bites really, from annoyed nips to big bites. Say in your post what your buns do if you wnat to expand.

Only Ghostie has ever bitten me, and to be honest she should have.
Other than that, no bunny of mine has ever bitten me.

I have a deep scar from womble but that was by accident as it was meant for pinky!!:shock: i panicked when they were fighting and got my hands in to separate them. not the best of ideas :oops: i maybe should have got it checked out at the docs as my hand had a tingling feeling as womble bit my nerve. It really freaked me out as I am a piano teacher and my hands are my bread and butter!!:shock:

that aside, when they were babies, they would nip in excitement and we would squeal to communicate that they hurt us like you do with dogs. Pinky has never ever bit or nipped me or stu, as if she has had enough she would walk away. Womble on the other hand, if she has had enough she would nudge you with her head followed by a brush of the teeth but not actually nip you as she now knows her biting point :)

Last edited:
All bites really, from annoyed nips to big bites. Say in your post what your buns do if you wnat to expand.

ok, well one of mine is a grumpy lad and will nip me most days, usually saying, give me ma food now, or move out the way..NOW!:lol:
they are quite sore but dont break the skin..sometimes a bruise

others do nip like that sometimes, but it is quite rare.

did have one once total go for me...my own fault really, but it was dark and I couldnt see her properly. Broke the skin, bled and left a scar for a while.

i put occasionally for Alvin, he more of a boxer than a biter and its really only a little nip. hes never broken my skin but he did bruise the vets shoulder :oops::oops:

Pearl never did in the whole time i knew her :love::love::love:

Holly dont know yet, she has potential because shes very Alvin like lol

I've only been proper bitten once (that'll teach me to venture near their litter tray 'territories' when Sora is around and in a grumpy mood :roll:) and only Sora and Luna have ever given me annoyed nips, though they were extreme temperment cases from the rescue centre so I understand why they nipped me. It wasn't personal, it was just the only way they knew how to deal with humans from their past experiences :cry:

None of my other 3 bunnies have ever shown me their teeth outside of yawning :love:

I should have voted 'yes, all the time' for Pickles. Well, no, maybe 'Occassionally' these days. He's so gentle and kind with Ginger, but as far as he's concerned nips are just part of how you communicate with 'hoomins'. He loves me to bits, and kisses me loads to prove it, but he'll also come and jump on me and just nip me over and over again, though not hard. If I have to pick him up he'll sometimes bite me properly, though I can count on one hand the number of times he's drawn blood. The funny thing is he's actually more affcetionate with me than Ginger, although he never bites me at all!

Jack gave me a teensy nip once when I had to pick him up for something and held him for a few minutes (he hates being held)....... I was so upset! Jack bolted for his crate having been plonked on the floor in my shock! (I was crouching on the floor whilst holding him - no distances involved) - I think Jack was as shocked as I was..... and he *knew* he'd done wrong!

He's a total softy and loves his fuss but who knows what his background is, bless him. I just don't pick him up and all's well. Though he was fine with me at the vets - I guess 'cos I was a 'safe place' for him there.

Hollie's never bitten me. :)

Fudge has kind of nibbled me but as soon as he realises that its me and not anything chewy that he likes he seems to let go in a very apologetic way.

Back