• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does any one know any thing about picking 11 week dutch rabbits up

deedee1997

Young Bun
My rabbit are hard to pick up because they run away when I try to. I pick them up around their belly now but they end up jumping out of my lap/arms. They also wiggle around a lot and I don't think they like it. I am new to rabbit and I have only had them 3 weeks.

Does any one have any tips for me?

It can be a bit of an art form!

I find it best to put one hand gently but firmly on their head and with the other hand scoop up their bum. Hold bun close to your body and support it's bottom.

I am no expert but generally rabbits don't really like to be picked up. Get down on there level talk gently or keep quiet till they come to you and gradually build there trust.:D

I am no expert but generally rabbits don't really like to be picked up. Get down on there level talk gently or keep quiet till they come to you and gradually build there trust.:D

Yes this as well. :thumb: I very very rarely pick mine up. They will come and sit on my lap voluntarily.

Rabbits in general hate being picked up. I'd suggest only picking them up when you have to so that it won't be something they're expecting. put one hand behind their front legs and scoop up their bums with the other and do your best to get to their level so they won't see you as as much of a threat.

Back