• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blind 12 wk old French Lop

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I took in 7 french lops last Friday off Snowy , it was two 13month old males and 5 12wk old babies. I noticed one of the babiers had a white patch on her eye so i took her to the vets this morning and it turns out she is blind in both eyes. She is a gorgeous agouti girl and I had decided before I found this out that I was going to let the five babies stay as a group which in ther light of her being blind will be better for her as she does rely on the others somewhat.
I will post pics later

Awwwww bless her.
Did your Vet suggest Panacuring all of them as EC can cause blindness -damage to the lens of the eye causing cataracts xx

I am so glad they are safe with you Kay:D

But, isn't it all such a worry, more and more rabbits are arriving sick and needing extra care, and costs. All animal lovers are stretched to their utter limits with the number they are able to afford.

Will you be able to keep them?

Alice x

I am so glad they are safe with you Kay:D

But, isn't it all such a worry, more and more rabbits are arriving sick and needing extra care, and costs. All animal lovers are stretched to their utter limits with the number they are able to afford.

Will you be able to keep them?Alice x

What do you think;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

You my lady deserve a medal x x

Agree 100% and perhaps a bigger house soon:lol:

Poor babies, at least they are lucky and found their way to you, who knows where they could have ended up. I so need to come and see you, is it true you frisk visitors on the way out:shock::lol::lol:

Agree 100% and perhaps a bigger house soon:lol:

Poor babies, at least they are lucky and found their way to you, who knows where they could have ended up. I so need to come and see you, is it true you frisk visitors on the way out:shock::lol::lol:

Very true:lol::lol::lol::lol:

She sure does, who lnows where these bunnies would have ended up, there would more than likely have been used for breeding with all their birth defects as well, one of the adult males has a deformed skull and has been bred from:roll::cry::cry::cry:

Couldn't agree more!!!! :thumb: :D As well as a bigger house of course ;)

You are an absolute star Kay - where on earth would all these wonderful bunsters be without you :(

That must mean lots more giants to see next time we come to visit :wave: :love:

She sure does, who lnows where these bunnies would have ended up, there would more than likely have been used for breeding with all their birth defects as well, one of the adult males has a deformed skull and has been bred from:roll::cry::cry::cry:

OMG Poor Bunnies:cry:

Couldn't agree more!!!! :thumb: :D As well as a bigger house of course ;)

You are an absolute star Kay - where on earth would all these wonderful bunsters be without you :(

That must mean lots more giants to see next time we come to visit :wave: :love:

Kay said I can tag along with you (shall we share a pet carrier or bring one each);):lol::lol:

A two seater car will be fine for next visit:lol::lol::lol:

I forgot to mention his deformed skull as anybody looking at him would notice as I didn't until my vet pointed it out:?. Xrays were done and his skull just isn't formed right so he will be ok:D

A two seater car will be fine for next visit:lol::lol::lol:

I forgot to mention his deformed skull as anybody looking at him would notice as I didn't until my vet pointed it out:?. Xrays were done and his skull just isn't formed right so he will be ok:D

With a trailer;):lol::lol:

Naaaahhhh I'm thinking more of a minibus, so we'll need several pet carriers!!! ;) :lol:

Whispers *hope Kay doesn't read this* :shock: :oops: :lol:

With a trailer

I think you will need a very large truck next time :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The babies nearly didn't get there:roll::roll:, when I got there with them I told Kay that she wouldn't like them and I should keep them.........they are gorgeous, very thin and boney but so pretty:love::love::love:

The adults are lovely too especially the beige one, such a character:love:

I think you will need a very large truck next time :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The babies nearly didn't get there:roll::roll:, when I got there with them I told Kay that she wouldn't like them and I should keep them.........they are gorgeous, very thin and boney but so pretty:love::love::love:

The adults are lovely too especially the beige one, such a character:love:

I can't wait to see the photo's:D (hint, hint):lol::lol:

Back