• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog kennels - any recommendations?

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
I am thinking about upgrading as we are keeping our "foster" bunny.

We are not sure if the bond will work yet but want to have a contingency plan in case it doesn't so we were thinking of getting a dog kennel/chalet.

Can anyone recommend a company? All the ones on ebay don't seem to do the size I want and some don't reply :roll:

I am basically after an overall size of 6 x 14 and walk in height e.g. 6ft. I want the kennel area to be 6 x 6 and the run area to be 6 x 8.

Wow that is huge ... you might be better off looking up Aviaries they tend to have the height.

The company I used were www.DuchyFarmKennels.co.uk. Give them a call they might be able to do something for you. My tip is to go for one of the models off the ebay website though as they tend to be cheaper.

Take a look at my previous 'Charlie and lolas new home' thread ... I am planning to extend it ... just waiting for a 6x4x2 run to arrive, mainly because I love sitting and watching them leap about when the wind gets up their bum ... they are a little shut off in the kennel.

Off now to sit in the kennel for my evening chat with the Bunnies.

Good luck

I contacted them and they said the one I wanted they could only do in a 12 x 6 or 16 x 6 which is far too big. They do look good quality though.

The reason I want one so big is in case I have to leave the run split into two if the bonding doesn't go to plan :roll: so they would get 4 x 6 each. They get lots of free range time too. If they do bond, then they would just have lots of room.

I would also like a larger shed area so I can have and area for storage. They currently have a 6 x 4 wendy house + run but that extra 2 ft would make a difference in the kennel bit.

Any more recommendations?

I contacted the co. again and have asked if the inside bit could be made a bit bigger and the outside a bit smaller. I may be able to make the 12' one work.

Back