• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Info on snuffles needed

fluffyfred

Alpha Buck
I've done several searches to try and find out about snuffles on here but don't seem to be getting the info I need.

Mr Funny Bunny seems to have a rattly noise coming from his nose and I'm wondering if he's got snuffles.

He's recently finished a course of antibiotics for an abcess on his foot. He seems fine in himself, eating and drinking normally but I've never heard this noise before and just wondering if anyone else knows what I'm talking about?

I'm going to phone the vets in the morning but I'm worried in case I should really book him an emergency appointment if it's something more sinister.

It could be snuffles, but bunnies do also sometimes get bits of hay wedged up there:roll:

It's worth getting checked by a vet but if your bun is still bright & active, and eating/pooping etc then I think calling in the morning will be fine. Obviously if his condition changes (floppy, mouth breathing, not eating/drinking etc) then an emergency appointment will be necessary.

Thanks for your reply. I'll give the vet a call in the morning and get him booked in again. I'm surprised the vets don't know me on first name terms, I'm in there at least twice a month with one of the bunnies or another :lol:

Back