• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Rimmi...... :(

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Just having cuddles and he felt boney so the OH weighed him which I was due to do anyways and he's dropped from from 880g to 700g since the 22nd May :'(

Winnie hasn't dropped any so now I am feeding them seporate and if he doesn't gain in the next week than he's off to the vets, *sob*

that doesn't sound to good, he weighs less then rosie now :( hope feeding separtely sorts his weight back out again

Pipkin did this over winter. He went from 1kg to about 700g. He's back to 900g now. He had a blood test which came back fine except for high glucose. The vet decided he had diabetes but a few people on here said that was probably wrong and it may just have been the cold weather, and cause he doesn't eat much hay. I started giving him extra pellets and porridge every couple of days and he did start to gain weight.

He still feels a little bit skinny to me, but I think maybe he was a bit overweight before... I don't know. I don't know what it was really :oops:

I hope it's nothing serious with Rimmi!

He's been absolutely normal otherwise, perky happy go lucky loving lad..... I only noticed his spine was a bit boney so gave him a weigh..... I usually weigh them every few weeks.

He's been absolutely normal otherwise, perky happy go lucky loving lad..... I only noticed his spine was a bit boney so gave him a weigh..... I usually weigh them every few weeks.

hows his eating when fed separtely, sending weight putting on vibes for your boy

Hi Jeanna,

It may be an idea to try him on some juinor pellets, and as someone else mentioned, put some porridge oats on top. I have some juinor pellets here.

You don't think it is since you changed their pellets do you? Just a thought.

I was watching a pair of the rescue bunnies eat their pellets recently (he was losing weight) and I discovered he ate one pellet to her 5! Maybe some manage the different shaped pellet better:?

Good luck with your little man, and, have you ever tried to type with a snoring, squidgy pug on your lap?

Alice xx

Sorry to hear of the weight loss, it can be such a worry.

Speaking from personal experience, I'd get him to the vet for a once over. Teeth, tummy etc.

Hope he's ok
x

Hi Jeanna,

It may be an idea to try him on some juinor pellets, and as someone else mentioned, put some porridge oats on top. I have some juinor pellets here.

You don't think it is since you changed their pellets do you? Just a thought.

I was watching a pair of the rescue bunnies eat their pellets recently (he was losing weight) and I discovered he ate one pellet to her 5! Maybe some manage the different shaped pellet better:?

Good luck with your little man, and, have you ever tried to type with a snoring, squidgy pug on your lap?

Alice xx

No I havent tried typing with a snoring pug on my lap!! How funny!! I have had to type with mibbing bunnies jumping all over the keyboard demanding food though!!

Trouble is, as I am on school placement, I am in school from 8am till 6pm do getting him to a vet in the week is a no no. I am going to weigh him on Friday and see if hes gained any and if not than I will take him in on Saturday (people who cant go during the week get priority on the weekends.... ).

Its def been since they have been on the newer pellets (as they changed from Burgess to SS), I noticed it to begin with, they both lost some so I increased the pellets and managed to get their weight to stabalise. Rimmi loves his treats and oats and pellets so getting him to gain shouldnt be a problem unless there is a problem.....

He eats slower than Winnie, she eats about 4 to his 1.... she is so greedy!! But she always *needs* more because shes more active so its usually evened out...... if I have to give Rim a bit more on his own than that is fine.

They are both currently nomming down on some pellets.

And they are VERY happy..... not only do they have dinner these days, but breakfast too, lol!! And they are both still eating plenty of hay, nomming their wooden toys and eating their special poops :?

We'll see what happens by Friday morning!

Thank you guys!

Back