• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My 3 male Dutch rabbits

deedee1997

Young Bun
I had 2 male rabbits and then I got their brother a couple days ago. They are only about 11 weeks old and they have humped their brother a few times :oops: and pull out a couple clumps of fur :shock: . Do I need to get them neutered soon and do I have to split them up for a few days after they get neutered? I don't know what to do.

:bunny:

It sounds like they are sorting out dominance, which suggests they are becoming mature. Are you 100% sure they are all boys? Baby bunnies are often mis-sexed x

I had 2 male rabbits and then I got their brother a couple days ago. They are only about 11 weeks old and they have humped their brother a few times :oops: and pull out a couple clumps of fur :shock: . Do I need to get them neutered soon and do I have to split them up for a few days after they get neutered? I don't know what to do.

:bunny:

MMmmmmm - I really wonder if they need to be looked at again re sexing?

If their bits have dropped then they can be neutered.

I would always suggest separating boys though because I've seen what can happen if you don't.

I only have pics of two right now.

This is them one the first day we got them.

dscn6521.jpg

This is Pumpkin.:rabbit2:

dscn6517.jpg

This is Pipkin.:rabbit2:

dscn6539.jpg

This is both of them.:rabbit2::rabbit2:

Hope you Like Them!! :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
squeeee so cute and youve got black dutchies too.....ahhhh I just need a black to add to my collection now :lol:

Unless a vet will neuter them soon, i'd recommend splitting them up.. Thats just my opinion.

ETA: I hope you don't find this rude, but i'd also recommend changing their food over to a pellet food to avoid dental issues.

Last edited:
squeeee so cute and youve got black dutchies too.....ahhhh I just need a black to add to my collection now :lol:

you know ya not getting them :p:p:p

as for OP 3 brothers :?

I would get them re sexed to be sure, if their plumbs are showing then they can get snipped, get them done at same time if you can that way you can leave them together, ( provided you can put them somwhere you can keep an eye on them )

you have 2 brothers adding a 3rd boy isnt easy, but not impossiable, trios can upset the balance quite often one is left out, ( not all the time, but can happen )

Wow those pictures need resizing :shock: didn't know what hit me then.

But very cute boys and I would agree about the food :) :)

you know ya not getting them :p:p:p

QUOTE]

booooo :lol:

I'd get them sexed by the vet, we had lots of is it a girl is it a boy with Blue, had 4 different vets look at him and they were all baffled :lol:

I got abit carried away by dutchies I forgot to offer advice :lol:
I would seperate them, have them sexed by the vet then neuter/spay according then bond them slowly.
3's can work, I have a three at the momment well bonding to a four as I keep adding to the collection but they got on great.

Agree with the point made on food, pellets are far better, you can slowly wean them off with mixing pellets in then slowly reduceing the amount of food you give at the momment until there finally all pellets.

Also what are there names?

Back