• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Smurfy's splay legs

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
My darling Smurf lives indoors in a cage with a large hay litter tray (which is used as a nest :roll:) a piece of carpet and about 6 inches plus the width of the cage lined with newspaper for wee wees.

Everyday, weather permitting she free ranges on the grass. As the weather had been wet for a couple of days and Smurf & CoCo hadn't been out to stretch their legs I thought I would let them have some time in Snow and Treacle's run attached to their shed. Snow and Treacle have access to it 24/7 when it's not mid-winter so I thought locking them in the shed for a couple of hours to let Smurf and CoCo out wouldn't hurt them.

While in the run I could see how bad Smurfy's splay legs are. On grass she does really well and not too bad on carpet but on paving stones or smooth fabric she has litle control over her legs. It's very sad :(

Smurfsplay1.jpg

Smurfsplay2.jpg

Smurfsplay5.jpg

More control on carpet

Smurfsplay3.jpg

Still doesn't stop the little mite from trying to play

Smurfsplay4.jpg

On grass she can hop around quite well and at a reasonable pace but she can't run or binky.

It's so sad I love her so much and I know she is going to break my heart :cry:

Last edited:
oh what a shame :( I have heard of this before but im not quite sure what it is, is it some sort of bone deformity? If you dont mind me asking :) She looks like shes coping with it very well.

ohhh smurfy baby ...those poor ickle leggies :(

but mummy is right ...you are sooooooo beautiful and im so looking forward to my snuggles :love::love:

Awww she is very lucky to have someone like you to look after her!

I'm sorry she struggles though, poor bun :(

she's beautiful, and is inspiring to see :love:

Its heartbreaking, but at the same time heartwarming, if you know what I mean? Even though she is so tiny and has these problems, she still enjoys her life and loves being with her sister. I hope she stays with you for a long time.

I love seeing photos of Smurf and Coco Chanel :love:

Awe bless her, what a little sweetie :love: You never know with all that love and care she might surprise everyone! She's clearly got a lot of spirit!

Back