• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old age and Cheyletiella.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
My vet was saying she had been reading an article on old bunnies and it was suggesting that they are more likely to suffer from Cheyletiella because they are less able to groom- due to arthritis.
We ended up discussing this because Jessica's coat just looks awful all the time and she is 6. The vet was saying we may need to put her on metacam, after a blood test, and see if she improves.

Perhaps this is well known but I though it might be useful for people to keep an eye out for.

Thats interesting.

Revel keeps getting mites on his back ( he's 9) in recent months. However he doesn't appear to be suffering from arthritis. Maybe at his age he just prefers to sleep than keep himself well groomed :?

Thats interesting.

Revel keeps getting mites on his back ( he's 9) in recent months. However he doesn't appear to be suffering from arthritis. Maybe at his age he just prefers to sleep than keep himself well groomed :?

I wonder if they go a bit senile like cats- our Spice keeps falling asleep in the middle of doing something- I keep expecting to find her asleep in her food.:lol:

Back