• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxo vaccines done and dusted.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
That's the 12 bunnies vaccinated for the next 6 months, thanks to Gemma, our vet, who has given up part of her half day off to do it.
It was Gemma who called me to ask if I would take Katie, and she was pleased and surprised at how well Katie's eyes look. What was amazing was how they filled up- you could see it happening- when she was picked up to be vaccinated, the good news is that by the time she was placed on the floor, they were back to normal. The main thing we have to do now is get the weight off her. She only gets a small amount of mix and hay, but it looks like I will have to put her just on hay, however I like to give her a wee treat when she gets lifted and her eye gel in- any ideas of a low cal treat I can give her a couple of times a day.

The vet thought she looked a much happier bunny and clearly loved her tunnel.:lol:

I wish I could get the vet here!

I'm 8 down, 2 to go, and 2 that aren't well enough for it.

I put my back out last week carting the two giants in one carrier, and I've suffered al week with it.

Think I may look in to getting the vet out in 6 months if mine will do it......

its great when they are all covered. I have six due for vhd vacs next week, i was wondering wether to get the vet to come here to do them, it would save a lot of bunny stress> and me a lot of time. Just wondering what would would other people think what was a reasonable price to pay to have the vet come out to do vaccinations.

its great when they are all covered. I have six due for vhd vacs next week, i was wondering wether to get the vet to come here to do them, it would save a lot of bunny stress> and me a lot of time. Just wondering what would would other people think what was a reasonable price to pay to have the vet come out to do vaccinations.

We are very lucky, because the vet is a friend and came on her day off, and I got the vaccines at a reduced price for buying in bulk.

Back