• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling a bit sad. *pics too*

Funkylady

Young Bun
I am going to be separating Blueberry from Muffin in the next few days. They are so close and cuddly with each other, I am dreading them being lonely.

Cannot even see Blueberrys plums yet so figure it will be quite a long separation, but I know its for the best. They are 12 weeks now.

How do you suggest I go about doing this?

Ive got him a lovely new hutch (which I am actually going to use to extend current set up when its all over) and a temporary dog play pen for his exercise pen.

Should I keep them in sight of each other? or does that matter? or make it worse.

All suggestions/tips welcome. Its going to be a sad day.

xxx :(:(

31348_404964832161_501992161_4214225_3932817_n.jpg

I think you should let them be next to each other, so they can still see each other :) I think this way it will be easier to rebond :wave:

awww thats sooo sad :cry:
My advise would be to let them see eachother as much as possible, it will make it alot easier for you to rebond them after they've been fixed and they wont feel so lonely. If you can make it so that they can actually still lie side by side but with a barrier of mesh that would be perfect xxxxx

I separated mine (when I thought 2 were boys and 2 were girls - I had 4 boys :roll:), but they only had a wire mesh partition between them, so they could still see each other and lie next to each other.

:wave: I would definately go with keeping them side by side and even put litter trays adjacent and food bowls/water opposite so they are still seeing and following the same routine with each other, try and allow a flop space side by side too. It won't be more stressful, it will be comforting to see each other, if they do bite the bars etc they will soon get fed up, it does stop eventually.;)

Back