• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

play house.

pennypoos

Mama Doe
I`m going to pick up my "new to me" playhouse on wednesday. My friend from work is giving it to me for free. I think it`s a very genorouse offer and very kind of her, so.... seems as she won`t take any money for it, I thought i would buy her a gift. I know she loves going shopping for new clothes, so i thought about getting her a gift card for New Look or something.
I can`t wait to do it up and make it into a little bunny palace for penny and her new friend.
Any ideas, advice or playhouse pics would be greatly appreciated for a little inspiration to get me started. Thanks people.:D

Hi, sorry I do not have a play house for my rabbits yet, but would love to get one.
So good look and keep us updated with pics when you have finished doing it up!
Emma :D

Hi, sorry I do not have a play house for my rabbits yet, but would love to get one.
So good look and keep us updated with pics when you have finished doing it up!
Emma :D

Thanks Emma, will do.:)

Shurely some one has a play house that could giv us a few tips.:(
I think maybe i posted this in the wrong place.:?

28560_450113153573_709523573_6050239_3778633_n.jpg

:):wave:

thanks georgief, I had a sneeky peak at yours this morning, it look`s fab.:D
Was the frame around the veranda hard to make ? i dont know what this play house looks like yet as i havn`t seen it, but if it does have a veranda id like to do something like yours.
What kind of paint did you use inside ?

Last edited:
Awwwhhh shucks! :oops::lol: Thank you! It's a bit interesting looking in places (damn that wonky door! :lol:) but it does the job pretty well!

What kind of style is the playhouse you're getting?

Awwwhhh shucks! :oops::lol: Thank you! It's a bit interesting looking in places (damn that wonky door! :lol:) but it does the job pretty well!

What kind of style is the playhouse you're getting?

I don`t know yet, but she said it`s quite big.
I wouldn`t worry about the wonky door, i still think it looks realy good.:)

I don`t know yet, but she said it`s quite big.
I wouldn`t worry about the wonky door, i still think it looks realy good.:)

The door adds character. ;):lol:

I hope when your playhouse turns up, it'll be brilliant and easy to modify for bunnies. Do you have a rough idea of what you'd like to do with it? Assume you'll add a run. Will you wire over the windows and put a wire door on or keep the door etc that comes with it?!

I really enjoyed planning what to do with mine! I think I need to get out a bit more! :lol:

The door adds character. ;):lol:

I hope when your playhouse turns up, it'll be brilliant and easy to modify for bunnies. Do you have a rough idea of what you'd like to do with it? Assume you'll add a run. Will you wire over the windows and put a wire door on or keep the door etc that comes with it?!

I really enjoyed planning what to do with mine! I think I need to get out a bit more! :lol:

I`m going to try and make a run myself with the help of my bro that has gained his DIY skills from my dad.
I thought about taking the window out and covering it with wire mesh and i was also thinking of making a second door made of wire, so that i can open the main door in the summer to let some air in.
I have a big roll of mesh left over from george and misty`s run that i can use so that will spare some of the expence.
Other than that i realy don`t know what i`m going to do with it untill i see it. :? I`m sure that once i do see it i`ll think of some good way`s of modifying it. I can`t wait to get started. i hope it won`t be too difficult, I`v never tried any thing like this before.:shock::lol:

Here are a few of mine...

Rose Cottage
RoseCottageReRoof001.jpg

The Gate House
AccommodationMay2010007.jpg

Le Petite Maison
Side view showing the veranda
Garden8June2010005.jpg

Front view and in the distance - The Sea House
Garden8June2010001.jpg

Windwhistle Cabin (this one doesn't have a run attached at present but has an extension at the rear made from two adjoining hutches)
Garden8June2010004.jpg

The Rainbow Room (about to get it's extension to the rear - no run currently attached)
Garden8June2010002.jpg

The Toy Box
Garden8June2010017.jpg

Wow those are absolutely fantastic play house`s Duchess. It looks as though you have put allot of hard work and effort into making them fun for your bunnies. Thanks, i will def be looking at yours and georgief`s playhouse`s for ideas. thank you.:D
How many rabbit`s do you have ?

Wow those are absolutely fantastic play house`s Duchess. It looks as though you have put allot of hard work and effort into making them fun for your bunnies. Thanks, i will def be looking at yours and georgief`s playhouse`s for ideas. thank you.:D

Not as many as we'd like but more than we should have! :oops:

We have 22 of our own, 8 buns up for adoption and the odd boarding bun too.......

Bunnies have turned into my job!

Thank you. I think that they are fun and the rabbits don't seem to mind.

Each one has a theme - when we have people round to view rabbits it helps to give the adults a few ideas on how to convert something suitable for their kids and their rabbits. So it's really meant to be educational (whilst providing me with an excuse to go to car boots to buy stuff).

Thank you. I think that they are fun and the rabbits don't seem to mind.

Each one has a theme - when we have people round to view rabbits it helps to give the adults a few ideas on how to convert something suitable for their kids and their rabbits. So it's really meant to be educational (whilst providing me with an excuse to go to car boots to buy stuff).

Your playhouses do look amazing and show how rabbits can be attractive in the garden and not necessarily a dull, ugly hutch (which I'm sure is many people's impression of rabbits and hutches - we know better :))

Hannah

Not as many as we'd like but more than we should have! :oops:

We have 22 of our own, 8 buns up for adoption and the odd boarding bun too.......

Bunnies have turned into my job!

:shock::shock: Oh my, i bet your very busy. Looking after buns as a job would be lovely, you are very lucky, though i bet it`s alot of hard work.

I took my little girl amber to our local rabbit rescue last friday so that we could both help clean out the hutches. We had a lovely time helping and amber even named one of the bun`s. she called her lucy, she was a lovely REW dwarf lop, very friendly she was.
I`v offered to help out when ever she needs me with cage cleaning ect.

Could i just ask what kind of paint you used to paint the playhouse`s in? I never thought to paint them in a colour.

:shock::shock: Oh my, i bet your very busy. Looking after buns as a job would be lovely, you are very lucky, though i bet it`s alot of hard work.

I took my little girl amber to our local rabbit rescue last friday so that we could both help clean out the hutches. We had a lovely time helping and amber even named one of the bun`s. she called her lucy, she was a lovely REW dwarf lop, very friendly she was.
I`v offered to help out when ever she needs me with cage cleaning ect.

Could i just ask what kind of paint you used to paint the playhouse`s in? I never thought to paint them in a colour.

I use Cuprinol Garden Shades. They say that they are animal friendly and even suggest pet homes being painted. Lovely colours and can be mixed. http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/features/animals/index.jsp

Back