• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I miss Lucy so much it hurts.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry if this is a depressing post - I know I am not the only person who has lost a bunny and if you have my heart goes out to you.

Losing Lucy was the nail in the coffin that sent me into a spiral of depression. I had problems with neighbours, off sick from work, my friend died of cancer. She was so beautiful and I cant believe she has gone. Seeing Lola on her own kills me - they were so besotted. I am attending day unit and hate leaving Lola alone in her home. I give her loads of cuddles and treats.

How do I move on? I had Lucy cremated but I cant bear to look at her. My beautiful bunny pudding reduced to a pile of ashes.

I cant stop crying. I feel like I let her down. Why did I let her chew that cardboard? Why didnt I move it?

Will it feel better soon? Will it stop hurting? I cant even look at her photos and her little cutting of fur is hidden away.

HOw have others coped? Please tell me it will feel better? Will I be able to think of her and smile one day?

Sorry for the maudling post - hopefully by explaining how I feel will help me move on and remember her with smiles and laughs instead of tears and heartbreak.

I am so scared of losing Lola now - and attending the day unit means I cant be with her.

Hugs to anyone going through this - as its so very very sad.

My heart goes out to you.

It will take a long time, and be a slow journey, but it does eventually ease (or in some ways you 'get used' to it). The hardest part is where you are now, the grieving. Its painful, and its wretched. However, the more you grieve, the more you get Lucy back. No, she can't come back physically, but you will once more be able to laugh at the silly things she did, look at her pictures, look at and touch her fur, tell funny stories about her and remember. It hurts, and you'll miss her forever, but she won't ever be truly gone, not while you remember her.

She's in your heart, and she's also in Lola because no doubt they shared habits with each other.

Its good you have some support and help, can you maybe talk to them about her about about your grief in general? Keep talking about her, andyour friend, and whatever else is going on.

With regards to Lucy, maybe have a look at the Pet Bereavement Support Service because they can be very supportive.

Hang in there

I don't know what to say but you have brought tears to my eyes. All I can do is send you plenty of hugs and let you know that a LOT of RU'ers will be thinking of you. :(

Please forgive me, I know no bunny can replace Lucy - this is possibly the last thing you wan't to read, but you obviously have a lot of love to give and with being very concerned about Lola not having a friend - have you thought about a new bunny companion?

I think from the photos you posted of her, everyone could see how much she was enjoying life with you and Lola :love:.

The pain will go away when you are ready, I think. I was very much like it with Mops and still miss her and feel guilty for all those years she was outside alone and my two now are indoors and have each other aswell as me.

Lots and lots and lots of hugs xxxxx

it dont feel better, 2months for me and it still hurts with a physical pain every day. its like a punch in the face every time i realise ill never see pearl again. half of my pain was wiped away when Alvin got Holly, seeing him happy has really helped but its taken me weeks to fall in love with her, i wont lie and say she filled my heart with joy because i still want Pearl back, and shes very much like Alvin so i dont think she will ever like me, not like my Pearl did :cry::cry:

i still cant watch the videos i have of pearl and i still cry a lot for her :oops: but Alvin is happy so that is all that matters to me now, i do feel happier generally though so i think the healing is happening now :)

hope you start to heal soon, but to be honest i dont think it will be any time soon even when you do get a new pal for Lola, time as they say is the only healer xxxxxx

Donna, two months is still very new, and still very fresh, especially after all you went through with Pearl. Be patient with yourself.

I'm so sorry you feel like this.
Time does heal.
I lost Scarlett on the 4th December 2009 and I still find myself in tears over her.
I still haven't buried her in garden, I can't :( Her ashes just sit by my bed with her little candle with her A4 picture in a frame.
When we move house I have to put her outside, she would want to be with her friends.
I feel so guilty for her death, I don't think I'll ever get over it. To me, it was horrific and so sudden.
No bunny will ever come close to Scarlett :(

Time does heal, but it's very hard waiting for the time to pass.

Talk about Lucy on here as often as you like - we're here to support you and we understand what you're going through.

How is Lola getting on?

When Teasal left I printed this out and put it on the wall next to a picture of him - just above my computer: it really helped as I felt he was saying it to me:

It is cut and paste from a website:

They have others which I feel help: SEE http://www.rememberlife.com/content.php?pid=183

Do not shed tears when I have gone
But smile instead because I have lived.

Do not shut your eyes and pray that I will come back
But open your eyes and see that I have lived

I know your heart can be empty because you cannot see me
but stull I want you to be full of the love we shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live only for yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember me and only that I have gone
Or you can cherish my memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what I would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
Anon

It still hurts but I feel he is teelling me to look forward and love'

I am so sorry you're feeling this way. My heart truly goes out to you coz I know how auwful it is.
I lost my beloved Tilly 5 months ago and it devastated me. I thought id never smile again and just couldnt stop crying and missing her. 2 weeks after her death I adopted Mimi as a companion for Timmy as he was so lonely. He was instantly happier which was the main thing, but like Donna with Holly it has taken me months to fall in love with Mimi and cope with not having Tilly around.
But now, 5 months and 3 days on I can think and talk about Tilly with a smile and a laugh. Myself and oh talk about her alot and I still view myself as having 3 buns coz to me she's still here. I have her ashes in my lounge because I cant bear to part with them, and I know this is where she would want to be. I love Mimi rediculously because I have learnt that she is not and will never be Tilly, she is a completely different bun who I love in her own right. Mimi helped me and Timmy through a devastating time and I am forever in her debt for that. Nobun will EVER replace Tilly in my heart, she was my soulbun and i still miss her every single day and yes still shed a tear for her.
But honestly, you WILL feel better. You will realise that it wasn't your fault and learn to give yourself a break and remember Lucy with a big smile.
Losing your best friend is one of the most horrific things to experience but yes, things will get better.
Im thinking of you and Lola xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Teasal left I printed this out and put it on the wall next to a picture of him - just above my computer: it really helped as I felt he was saying it to me:

It is cut and paste from a website:

They have others which I feel help: SEE http://www.rememberlife.com/content.php?pid=183

Do not shed tears when I have gone
But smile instead because I have lived.

Do not shut your eyes and pray that I will come back
But open your eyes and see that I have lived

I know your heart can be empty because you cannot see me
but stull I want you to be full of the love we shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live only for yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember me and only that I have gone
Or you can cherish my memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what I would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
Anon

It still hurts but I feel he is teelling me to look forward and love'

ok NOW im crying! :cry:
Theyre lovely poems, I might print one out for Tilly :love:

Your post made me cry!:cry: I understand how you feel - Ive lost a few pets -but theres always the special one that breaks your heart every time you think about them......It can be years and you can still feel for them - and sometimes wish you had done things differently - but the thing is their spirit is always with you - they were special & their time was for a reaosn - they taught you things - how to love, be self -less - be caring - so may things they have taught us - we were blessed to have them share their lives with us & their love to us was eternal....
Sounds like Lucy was an angel - her time was maybe short - but her love for you is eternal & she was a hppy bunny because you cared for her & she knew that! Lola is probaly missing her more than we would ever know - being of the same kind....it would be hard for us to understand what she is feeling- where has her best friend gone to? Why are oyu so sad now? Giving Lola lots of love & affection will help - but she is alone whilst you are at work & perhaps your worry for her during this time would be alleviated if she could be given a friend.....at least then she is not wondering why she has been deserted by you & Lucy during the day.....she wont undertsand Lucy is onge unless she saw her after she had passed?:(

Bless you for caring so much - you are not alone & Im not sure if the hurt gets less - BUT I do know that the joy of remembering them in their happyness & thier love for us & ther joy for life gets stronger - this is what you must try & focus on - she loved you & she knew you loved her! You were both blessed to share your lives to gether....remember her beautiful spirit & dont blame yourself.....remember Lola needs your love & a new friend to play with - someone who will help her forget her lonliness too......bug hugs!:love:

I know how you're feeling and it's horrible. It will get better though and you will be able to look at pictures of her and smile. I miss our little bun Inca so much and it doesn't take very much for me to cry over losing her - like reading your post for instance. It's almost 3 weeks since I had to make the awful decision to have her PTS and I am constantly asking myself if I could have done more, if I should have kept her going for longer - but she was in so much pain and it was breaking me.

Last April I lost my beautiful pony and best friend Melody - she's the brown pony lying down in my signature. I'd had Mel since she was 8 years old (I was 12 then) and she was almost 30 when she died so she had been with me for well over half of my life. She was my animal soul mate and we'd been through so much together. My teenage years and all of my spare time were spent mostly with her. She was my shoulder to cry on and my silent voice of reason. I miss her terribly and so does Boysie, my little grey pony who she shared 16 years of her life with and left behind.

We develop deep and solid relationships with our animals, they are so much more than just pets, they are our friends, part of the family and we love them. They have a huge impact on our lives when they are here and when they are gone. Nothing will replace your beautiful Lucy and you will always miss her but it will get easier. You gave her a wonderful life and she would have known that. We are sad because we no longer have the physical contact and it's that which makes us happy. Take comfort in knowing that she experienced a love that is denied from so many and that she is somewhere special now waiting to see you again some day xx

It has been nearly a year since i lost my Kermit. He was definately my one in a million bun. I was devastated when he went to the bridge. I was crying all the time.

I still cry for him from time to time, but most of the time i think of him and i am just simply glad that i had him for the time that i did. I know that grief is terrible, but the fact that you had such a special bun in your life to make you feel this upset when they are gone, that speaks volumes.

It will get easier, but you will always love and miss your special Lucy x

I dont think you ever get over it but you more learn to live with it.

Its natural to feel upset and you know where i am to talk about the little pudding.

I do feel getting Lola a pal will help you move forward.

I still havent got over loosing Lottie, it was just too sudden, i try rememeber her when she was well, but there is also the other image of her been so poorly.

Big hugs xxxxxxxx

Sorry if this is a depressing post - I know I am not the only person who has lost a bunny and if you have my heart goes out to you.

Losing Lucy was the nail in the coffin that sent me into a spiral of depression. I had problems with neighbours, off sick from work, my friend died of cancer. She was so beautiful and I cant believe she has gone. Seeing Lola on her own kills me - they were so besotted. I am attending day unit and hate leaving Lola alone in her home. I give her loads of cuddles and treats.

How do I move on? I had Lucy cremated but I cant bear to look at her. My beautiful bunny pudding reduced to a pile of ashes.

I cant stop crying. I feel like I let her down. Why did I let her chew that cardboard? Why didnt I move it?

Will it feel better soon? Will it stop hurting? I cant even look at her photos and her little cutting of fur is hidden away.

HOw have others coped? Please tell me it will feel better? Will I be able to think of her and smile one day?

Sorry for the maudling post - hopefully by explaining how I feel will help me move on and remember her with smiles and laughs instead of tears and heartbreak.

I am so scared of losing Lola now - and attending the day unit means I cant be with her.

Hugs to anyone going through this - as its so very very sad.

I am so sorry you feel so heartbroken, it is a terrible thing to go through.

I can relate completely to some of this. I couldn't look at Timmy's ashes. When he died I couldn't bear to let him go so asked for his ashes back. But once they arrived I hated it, I couldn't look at them or do anything with them. I felt guilty as so many post about how much comfort they get from having their bunny back in this way, but it killed me. Like you say how can that bundle of fun be reduced to a pile of ashes. It is incomprehensible to me :( I am tears just typing his. It took me 5 months before I could bring myself to bury them in the garden and it was one of the hardest things I have done. But now they are there they do bring me great comfort. However I still haven't ordered his memorial stone. That is a step too far for me at the moment :(

I also had a beautiful bunny that I lost around 18 months ago and I still can't look at a photo of him as it tears my heart apart:(

But however heartbreaking and hard it is to cope with I would still rather have experienced the love and care we had with our bunnies than never to have had any of it.

Personally, I think in some cases the heartbreak doesn't get any better, you just learn to find ways to cope with it day by day.

thinking of you xx

Back