• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home made runs?

This is the run the Big Boys use for on the lawn at the moment. It now has an extension on the side, and one end is boxed in, but this is it when it was first built (for Nethies, not big buns)

bunniesmarch2010018.jpg

There is a ledge that runs along the back wall, with a black builders pipe underneath, so they can run through the pipe or over the ledge. There is a shels either end to sit on or sit under too.

yup

ok, some tips, put the mesh on the inside so buns dont chew wood, make it so the whole top can some off if you need to catch them,

old (pretty rubbish) run i made
IMG_4193.jpg

run attached to shed (has mesh under it..that took awhile :lol:)
IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_7957.jpg

new run im making
IMG_7990.jpg

IMG_7998.jpg

We built ours from galvanished mesh from B&Q and reclaimed floorboards from my OHs house.
we used half lap cuttings for the corners as in the pic below to make them extra strong - my 17stone OH can sit on it with no problems ;)
corner-half-lap-joint.jpg

We also have a totally lift off roof which we find really handy for catching them but wouldn't be good in an area where there's risk of foxes.

Don't know what other tips I'd have really!

here's a photo of ours.
26790_393641604362_510329362_4913678_2449706_n.jpg

We're moving next month when we'll connecting it to a shed and extend it widthways so it will be 6x6 instead of 6x3

I get all our weld mesh from the ebay shop animal kingdom :wave:

snap!

there's several pics on here somewhere of our run & hutch builds on previous threads. I'll have a search and see if I can find some links for you.

ETA: found them:
Here's our homemade hutch and separate run
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=118207&page=2 (about halfway down the page)

and our Pets at Home extended hutch with homemade run
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=167900 based on a Primrose Den hutch.

Last edited:
Back