• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just Rescued Baby Wildie - Vibes Please! - **HE'S GONE - I'm so sorry Peter**

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Coming home from picking my Mum's best friend, I nearly ran over a baby bunny who was scrambling in the road. We stopped to see if we was okay and he dissappeared.
I just went to drop them home again and there he was, all hunched by the side of the road. I was so worried he'd get runover, I went to shoo him back into the verge again, but he didn't move at all.
I picked him up and to be honest I don't think he's going to make it :(
Tons of vibes for this little boy, he's so cute!

Last edited:
sending vibes. Doesn't sound too hopeful though - do be mega-careful over giving germs to your own buns (I'm sure you will be!)

Aw, poor little wildie. At least it won't have a horrific death if it does die.

Try to keep it warm if you aren't already.

Vibes are for peaceful passing :(
He's all snuggled up in hay in a carrier in the house so he's nice and warm. Have made a little burrow.

you have a heart of gold Hetty

Thankyou, this is very nice to hear.
Just had an argument with my parents, as they don't want anymore rabbits :roll:
I've told them that I haven't bought him home for that, I've bought him home as I'd rather he died in the warm and safe, rather than at the side of the road :cry:

Good for you, that's lovely of you. We need more people like you who care and are willing to put themselves out for others, including animals :)

Awwwww, poor bunny. :( Bless you for stopping to help him. :love: Do you think the wildlife hospital could help him maybe, or would the journey be too much?

Update

Little Peter is doing very well :shock:
Just went to put him away in the cupboard for the night and the wee boy is running around in the carrier! He looks so much brighter! Will try and feed him some Lactol before I go to bed.
Fingers crossed!

Back