• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are rabbits meant to be able to climb?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
...because my two have learnt how to!!

They leap at the NIC wall and then use all 4 of their legs to get up the last half of the NIC grid......

Needless to say, they have a sheet to stop further escapes!!

Archie has a tendency to jump and kind of scramble up railings and such. I'm always terrified he'll rip out a nail plus it means having eyes in the back of my head! :lol:

:lol: mine do that too, sometimes I'll go into the back room and Zero will just be clinging to the side of the run halfway up, like Spiderman :shock::lol:

When my boys first went out into the aviary I caught Blackberry and dandelion several feet up the wire netting, and trying to climb higher :shock::shock::shock:

I've seen a 3 month old nethie climb up wire mesh to get out of a run too.

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes, but I had a bunny I was bonding who 'climbed' out of one of the garage runs.

And, you know delightful Marmite? He 'climbed' out of a run in the orchard.

Alice x

i watched ruby climb the side of the run today :?

also when i used to have NIC setups mine always climbed out :lol:

Pearl could climb too.. she was a terror for getting out of the pen when she thought she could get to the food quicker than alvin :lol::lol::lol:

miss my angel :cry:

Yep Paddy does :wave: He escaped over a 3 nic grid high wall into Jose and Rainbows pen (needless to say, all hell broke loose!), and so ever since then we've had to peg a quilt cover over the top :roll:

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes, but I had a bunny I was bonding who 'climbed' out of one of the garage runs.

And, you know delightful Marmite? He 'climbed' out of a run in the orchard.

Alice x

No!! Haha.

At least mine are inside so I don't have to worry about them going 'astray' !! Goodness me.

Bunnies are taking in traits of hedgehogs!! :p

Yup, I've got a couple of climbers too. They never actually get a chance to go anywhere though because all they meet is a lid. :lol:

Back