• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks like they've started cutting this year's hay

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
There's a tractor been going up and down our lane all day with enormous rounds of hay on it. I'm tempted to follow it to see where it's going and see if I can buy some :lol:

Hopefully it's better stuff than last year's, most of the local farm hay has been dreadful this past year :?

There's a tractor been going up and down our lane all day with enormous rounds of hay on it. I'm tempted to follow it to see where it's going and see if I can buy some :lol:

Hopefully it's better stuff than last year's, most of the local farm hay has been dreadful this past year :?

Lol I was just saying to my beloved it shouldn't be long 'til they do a cut.....

Doooo iiittt!!! And then let me know, of course! :lol:

They have only started cutting silage near us this week, it will be another month before they think about hay- assumong the weather improves. Hay has gone up to £20 a 4 foot bale this year, compared to £17 a bale last year.

Managed to pick up 2 bales, absolutely gorgeous stuff but it was the last 2 and he said no more until they do the summer cut in a few weeks time now.

I bought 14 bales yesterday as it was about the last bit they had left and Bill the farmer said he was hoping to cut this week First lot will be hayledge but he reckons hay too - 4 weeks behind schedule. He did say he thought it would be better quality this year than last. Hooray!

Seen them cutting silage here last week, but no one over here seems to do a cut for hay any more just haylage.

I've been getting bales from Jollies :lol:

I'm desperate too. My last bale of timothy is all but gone - I've been mixing it with various meadow hays but Alfie and Bubbles ain't impressed in the slightest. :roll: :lol:

I had 4 humungous bales of new hay delivered last week.

It smells as :love: as it looks

008-28.jpg

I had 4 humungous bales of new hay delivered last week.

It smells as :love: as it looks

008-28.jpg

That's what ours looks like! The bunnies have gone crazy for it. I think if I filled the boxes with hay and gave pellets at the same time they'd dive into the hay!

I need to find somewhere that does hay bales! Ended up driving around the cheshire countryside for two hours today and didn't find one place! :evil:

They usually make straw with the stuff in the field round the back of my grandmas house. Once they've got everything they need, we go and collect bags full of straw thats been left over :lol:

Back