• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An interesting find

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Last night when I checked Rosie I saw she had many white things attached around her backend. We didn't know for sure, but weren't taking the risk of what they were, so me and mum sat for about an hour and a quarter carefully removing them all, and trimming her fur right down, when we made a really interesting discovery.

Rosie has an extra hole (not scent glands).

About 1.5cm above her other two (i.e. towards her stomach, but still on that area) she has an extra hole, which I find completely fascinating.

I would guess she was born with it given what it looked like.

How random is that!

And no hatched maggots this morning :) :Thumb:

Were the white things fly eggs then?? God I absolutely DESPISE flies :censored:

So interesting she has an extra hole! Im so curious as to what it is!

Were the white things fly eggs then?? God I absolutely DESPISE flies :censored:

So interesting she has an extra hole! Im so curious as to what it is!

I have no idea but I wasn't taking any chances. It was definitely something that was not there yesterday morning but was last night. She has shown she has pinworms though (delightful :roll:), so tomorrow we will be starting a mass Panacur.

I found the hole fascinating, but no idea what it could mean. Makes me wonder if her kidney issues mean more stuff further up is all hooked up wrong.

I have no idea but I wasn't taking any chances. It was definitely something that was not there yesterday morning but was last night. She has shown she has pinworms though (delightful :roll:), so tomorrow we will be starting a mass Panacur.

I found the hole fascinating, but no idea what it could mean. Makes me wonder if her kidney issues mean more stuff further up is all hooked up wrong.

Yeh who knows whats going on in there. Might be worth getting it checked out with an ultrasound or something xxx

Yeh, I'll mention it to the vet when we see her next. I don't think an ultrasound will show up much to be honest (but don't know for sure), but even if it did, there wouldn't be much else we could do fr her anyway, so its probably a needless test. I don't think its anything of any major concern. It ws clearly not new, and something she has lived with for a long time (if not since birth), so I'll just mention it in passing.

Well, whilst mid writing this post I noticed Rosie doing something strange so went to inspect her back end to see what's going on, and no maggots or anything nasty, thankfully, but I can't find it now. :lol: It was definitely there last night, no idea where she's put it today.

I think you need to find out if Rosie has pin worms.
They come out in humans in the evening, but I don't know about buns. It's difficult to break the cycle, cos the eggs get everywhere. Can't exactly have a strict handwashing, towel regime for buns! :roll:

I agree with you totally that congenital abnormalities are often multiple.
I'm wondering whether it communicates with the bladder to account for the deterioration in her continence, but would expect it to be damp.

I also think that a big thing to consider is Rosie's poor health, & the chances of further tests, leading to any improvements for her.
I trust you & your vet totally on this issue Sky_O

I think you need to find out if Rosie has pin worms.
They come out in humans in the evening, but I don't know about buns. It's difficult to break the cycle, cos the eggs get everywhere. Can't exactly have a strict handwashing, towel regime for buns! :roll:

She does have pinworms. Having seen them a few years ago, its not something I'm going to forget in a hurry. BLEURGH! :lol: So yeh, they will all start that treatment. We beat the war before and we'll beat it now too :) No worries there.

I also think that a big thing to consider is Rosie's poor health, & the chances of further tests, leading to any improvements for her.

Yeh, don't worry. I think I posted my post as you were typing yours, but it does seem needless and pointless when its not going to change anything we can do for her.

Yeh, don't worry. I think I posted my post as you were typing yours, but it does seem needless and pointless when its not going to change anything we can do for her.

Sky-O I have absolute confidence in both you & your vet that you always consider your buns above all else, & make perfect decisions for them.

I was posting for others who may read your thread, & fail to understand, should the decision be made not to investigate further. :)

Back