• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chasing

Keky

Warren Scout
Ok so this has been going on for ages now, sometimes it's fine but recently it's gotten bad again.

I have Jager (doe) and Fleury (buck) who are twins and Harley (buck) who is, at the moment, single. So the problem is Fleury is chasing his sister any time they have free range time, the other night he managed to pull out of lot of her fur. This has been going on since Jager got spayed (she was the last to get fixed), since then she's so timid.

I was away on a trip at the start of the week and left all three down to my parents, before I took them down there the chasing had calmed down a good bit and I even seen Fleury groom her a few times, he usually refuses to. But since I've come home the chasing is really bad again, it's driving me mad, she's always afraid and nervous :(

If anyone can shed some light and help bring harmony it would be great. My current thinking is either referred aggression due to Harley or that maybe Fleury knows Jager is ill, but it's been going on since her operation.

Sorry for the rant, it probably doesn't make a lot of sense either :oops:

If the spay was recent, it could be because he can sense she is ill, bunnies often pick on an unhealthy companion. Chasing isn't necessarily something to worry about, just to keep an eye on in case it leads into something worse.

I know when my girls first moved here and were obviously stressed and frightened, they chased and humped non-stop even though they were a bonded pair, but they soon settled down, so it could also be because they went to your parents and then came back to you. I imagine it's like a reassertation of who is dominant in a different environment.

If they don't calm down, you could do a few bonding exercises - like a car ride together, or keeping them in a small pen in a neutral space for a few hours, just to make them re-bond a bit.

The spay was in January, I just don't like her being so afraid of her own brother :(

They get along fine in their cage, although Jager isn't always willing to go back in with her brother.

I shall give it a few more days and see :?. Fleury is a wee :censored: sometimes!

Back