• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oi, bensonlola - have you finished cleaning all the animals out yet?

Or are you still knee deep in piggy and bunny poo? :wave:

Just in!! Benben and Lolsie had a lovely romp and a nibble of grass until rain stopped play! Two nice clean litter trays waiting for them and poop brushed up in the shed.

Was very unnerving. I usually tidy the shed and put things in place in morning and evening as it looks like a tornado has struck but tonight everything was perfectly in place where I'd left it this morning. Felt like they had tidyed up for me coming! Weird feeling :shock:

Maybe!! Benson gave me the slip this morning and I found him in the hall looking at the piggies and the piggies looking back at him. I think he would like piggies.

What is the disease rabbits can give them?

Don't think my buns have ever seen the pigs :?

Mind you, the pigs are up off the floor in the kitchen, and if the buns come in they come into the conservatory....

Well, they've finally worked out (ish) how to use the watter bottle. Penelope worked it out first (I think she worked it out when she was Flossie, but she still remembers as Penelope), and is an expert at it. Hazel has found it but gets into weird and wonderful shapes getting water out of it - head this way and that, but I've seen bubbles so she's getting something out of it!

They're using more of their cage now and sitting in the same area together instead of opposite corners, scowling at each other!

Are your piggies fussy about free ranging? Mine seem to like the confines and nooks and crannies of the pen. Is it just because they're not so confident yet?:?

When I first put mine outside in the run they just stayed in their pigloo the entire time, they are a bit more adventurous now. I find food is the key :D they'll do anything for a bit of nosh!

When I first put mine outside in the run they just stayed in their pigloo the entire time, they are a bit more adventurous now. I find food is the key :D they'll do anything for a bit of nosh!

I have noticed this already - a couple of wee starvos the pair of them. Even Hazel will overcome her intense fear of me if there's food on the go!

I had to lift her at the vets for the vet to check her teeth. I held her butt and gently tipped her back a bit to show her little face. Well she squeeeeeeled but her little face was sooo cute when she was doing it. Would have enjoyed it only I knew she was terrified. It was her wee lips and teeth showing so cute but wouldn't want to do that to her again, although she was cute. Very very cute.

Our girls are completely agrophobic! When we had to move their indoor cage into the conservatory while the kitchen was being decorated they wouldn't come out of the bedroom, even for food :shock:, but as soo as their cage was in the usual place they came out again.

As for outdoors....last year when we put them in the outside hutch they stayed in the bedroom. This year they actually venture out to the living area sometimes. But they hate being in an open run and stay hidden, so we don't bother with that any more (and they do not do 'pick your own' on the grass - they prefer waitress service :lol:

Maybe!! Benson gave me the slip this morning and I found him in the hall looking at the piggies and the piggies looking back at him. I think he would like piggies.

What is the disease rabbits can give them?

I didnt know they could pass anything on to piggies!? :shock:

My buns love playing with the guinea pigs, although they dont really play along! They plonk themselves infront of the rabbits and chatter at them "lick me, lick me NOW!" or they squeal qith annoyance when they think one of the buns is going to steal their veggies!!! :lol: Funny little things! :love:

Our girls are completely agrophobic! When we had to move their indoor cage into the conservatory while the kitchen was being decorated they wouldn't come out of the bedroom, even for food :shock:, but as soo as their cage was in the usual place they came out again.

As for outdoors....last year when we put them in the outside hutch they stayed in the bedroom. This year they actually venture out to the living area sometimes. But they hate being in an open run and stay hidden, so we don't bother with that any more (and they do not do 'pick your own' on the grass - they prefer waitress service :lol:

They know where they're well off! :lol:

I have noticed this already - a couple of wee starvos the pair of them. Even Hazel will overcome her intense fear of me if there's food on the go!

I had to lift her at the vets for the vet to check her teeth. I held her butt and gently tipped her back a bit to show her little face. Well she squeeeeeeled but her little face was sooo cute when she was doing it. Would have enjoyed it only I knew she was terrified. It was her wee lips and teeth showing so cute but wouldn't want to do that to her again, although she was cute. Very very cute.

:love::love: adorable! Apparently though piggies are only meant to eat when they're hungry, not little gobblers like rabbits. Not sure I believe that!

:lol: mine are so cute when they chew the bars, they get little lips (they only do it at feeding time)

:love::love: adorable! Apparently though piggies are only meant to eat when they're hungry, not little gobblers like rabbits. Not sure I believe that!

:lol: mine are so cute when they chew the bars, they get little lips (they only do it at feeding time)

I'd have said it was the other way round! :lol:

The piggies will pig food all day if you let them. The buns will have their breakfast and tea, and nibble hay through the day, but they get through nowhere near as much food as the piggies.

All my animals are gutsy! Every time I go in the room they throw themselves at the sides of their pens in the hope I have anything for them. They stick their heads in the big bowl I wash the veg in before I can even get it dished out! Castiel was sat eating treats out of the box and he would have had the lot if I hadn't taken them off him!

I didnt know they could pass anything on to piggies!? :shock:

My buns love playing with the guinea pigs, although they dont really play along! They plonk themselves infront of the rabbits and chatter at them "lick me, lick me NOW!" or they squeal qith annoyance when they think one of the buns is going to steal their veggies!!! :lol: Funny little things! :love:

A few people have told me this and a friend of mine who bought a rabbit and guineapig combo from a petshop :roll: had her little guinea pig die on her because it caught something off the rabbit. Must ask her what exactly the vet said.

Back