• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nomming of first home grown yummies

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Thinned out some carrots today and gave them to my two foster buns Jester & Bouncer in with their dinner, 2mins - gone

then picked some lemon balm, 1 min - gone
then picked some mint, 1 min - gone
then picked some spinach, 30 seconds - gone

Wasn't really expecting them to like EVERYTHING :shock:

anyone know if lolla rossa lettuce is ok to give them? I think someone nudged my elbow when I was shaking the seed packet :roll::oops::lol:

I'd best get some more veges sown tomorrow so we have another batch growing for the hungry monsters :lol: Think I'll have a go at drying the mint and lemon balm as we have so much of it :D

Mine have had some home grown coriander today. My plants have bolted so there is loads of the stuff! Nutmeg wasn't impressed though.

Oooh I'm still waiting on the coriander, the rocket is doing well though, another week and we should have some for picking and staggeringly I think I may have managed to grow some basil too :shock:

Lovely growing your own though isn't it? :)

My basil and dill plants have perked up too. Dad's prepped a flower bed so I can have a herb garden so I need to sort that out soon!

I dunno why I put the coriander in over the allotment now! Oh well. I can dig the plants up and replant them sometime I suppose.

Just set some more in a pot, you've plenty of time to do more :) I keep setting every 2wks or so, that way I have a steady ongoing crop :D

I did it from some plug plants my Dad got me. Once my veggies are harvested I'll have a think what to do with them. They're flourishing over there just not in a very well-thought out place. :oops:

Back