• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit jumping how to start

skgreene

Warren Scout
I have been thinking harry has alot of energy, he links the clicker to treats and is ok on a harness, so would he like rabbit jumping?

Im only thinking of making a couple jumps in the garden to see how he likes it, any ideas to get him to understand as he does have a short attention spadded (like most males) and is the most cooperative bunny in the world.

sorry bit of a random thread

Most of mine have a short attention span too, you just have to have short training sessions (no more than 5 mins at first, you can lengthen time as you go on, until the point where you barely need to practise at all). If he responds well to a clicker, and is fine in a harness I'd defo try jumping. Start with one small jump, encourage him over, and when he does use the clicker. Then move on to two jumps, and use the clicker when the bun has gone over both. Once he realises he has to go over a jump and go to the next one, you can start making jumps higher and training longer.

ok, so you can just lead him up to a pole on the ground and try and encourage him to go over, when he gos over you can give a treat/ reward.
or you can clicker train him to do it by clicking when he goes iver then giving him a treat

I've tried clicker-treat and just treat ways, and to be honest the clicker dosen't make a huge ammount of difference, and it really gets in the way when you have to control that, a lead, and hold the treat :lol:

Back