• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have I done it? PICS

bubz_79

Warren Scout
0082.jpg

What do you think guys? I collected my 2 new babies (giant buns) who will be 6 weeks on Tuesday. I know its too early to leave Mum but they have been away from her a week already! I started off by putting the carrier in the pen with Dazzle and they were all sniffing each other so I was brave and opened the carrier. They all ignored each other for a bit, then there was some sniffing, then Dazzle got a bit territorial over a tunnel so I removed that. after that the babies would go and sniff her then run but eventually I got this pic and they were sat like that for nearly an hour. They are now in a hutch together and all 3 snuggled in the corner litter tray.

Have I really bonded them?

Hmmm...well I wouldn't be too convinced.

The little ones are still very young so are probably taking great comfort from your older bun.

As they get older and hormones start to develop, you *might* have problems.

Very cute bunnies by the way! :D

It does look promising, you need to keep them together for 48 hours to be sure :)

I personally would be tempted to leave the bonding for now, the babies could have digestive problems and other health problems after being weaned so young and I would want to keep a close eye on their poos. But it's your call :wave: Also you should maybe have quarantined them for two weeks, I don't know how this will affect them now they have already been together. Should hopefully all be well though, as didn't you know the person who owned the mother?

They are gorgeous! One thing I would say is watch them with eating the grass because eating too much grass at such a young age could make them ill!

Nicola I din't think of that but Mum is as healthy as we can see at the mo and has been with my friend for 10 weeks now. I didn't know the parents of Razzle and Dazzle either though. Babies poos are nice a golden at the mo and my friend had already introduced grass!!! I will watch them though and if i need to seperate then fine. The only reason I put them in with her is I felt they may be missing their sisters and they were use to being all 9 together.

ok hun :) if you can tell the difference between Dazzle's poo and the baby's poo it should be fine, just as others have said, watch out for the hormones and the grass!

Back