• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly is poorly U/D admitted U/D HOME!

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
This morning, she was fine, she had her breakfast and her fresh hay. I went out for a couple of hours. later I came back to a poorly molly. She was lying down refusing to move and wouldnt eat anything, even her pellets. My dad had fed them a large amount of light coloured romaine lettuce. Despite me telling him not to ever give them that. My boyfriend drove us straight to the vets. He said he couldnt hear her guts moving much, and he gave her a gut stimulant injection. I also have to syringe feed her as much recovery food as possible and keep an eye on her. Please could i have some vibes for my beautiful, brave girl, I cant stand seeing her ill.

Last edited:
No, she didnt get any pain relief. I asked and he said to take her back later if she doesnt improve with the gut stimulant. I wasnt able to see my normal decent vet at such short notice uunfortunately.

Lots of vibes for her - I only ever feed my buns what they are used to now - bless your dad I bet he thought he was being nice.

Keep us posted x x x

Loads of vibes for Molly. If shes still not right in the morning Id call up the vets and ask for some Metacam. I hope the night goes ok and you both manage to get some sleep :love:

She seems to be improving, moving around a bit more now. Im staying up with her overnight.

Is she drinking ?

You could try syringing some luke warm camomile tea or peppermint tea.

If you have Metacam at home you could call the Vet and ask if you can administer a dose.

Can't believe they didn't give pain relief :evil:

I'd present your dad with the vets bill and perhaps that will help convince him never to ignore your instructions in future. Poor Molly. :(

Thanks everyone for the vibes. She is much the same, still not eating, but she is moving around and is seeming more responsive. Jane, I will go and have a look and see if we have any of those things. If not, I will syringe her some water anyway, I havent seen her drinking, but the recovery food she is having will be giving her some fluids anyway.

I don't have any metacam here unfortunately. I am going to see how she goes now and will take her back to the vets in the morning regardless of how she is anyway. I am going to bring her into my room tonight and keep a close check on her.

My dad certainly will be getting the vet bill. He only did it with good intentions though, he doesn't think that I am being serious when I tell him that they can't have certain things, he thinks I am being over paranoid. Hopefully this will teach him, not that it is the best way for him to learn of course, poor Molly.

I will probably update through the night.

Thanks everyone.

alvin needed admitting on the night he didnt pick up after a vets visit that morning.

i think you may need to go to the emergency vets tonight, scary but tomorrow could be too late :cry::cry::cry:

he wasnt given pain relief that time either, after the stiff email i sent my vets they have never not given it since :evil::evil::evil:

She has been admitted. She was hunched up and obviously in pain, and I can't risk losing her.

The vet said it doesnt feel like there are any blockages, and she seems bright and active otherwise, so she is being kept in and fed, given pain relief, gut stimulant, and fluids.

Brian is staying in with her.

The vet said he wasn't going to charge the call out fee, I am most grateful.

Last edited:
She has been admitted. She was hunched up and obviously in pain, and I can't risk losing her.

The vet said it doesnt feel like there are any blockages, and she seems bright and active otherwise, so she is being kept in and fed, given pain relief, gut stimulant, and fluids.

Brian is staying in with her.

You have done absolutely the right thing in getting her admitted.
I hope that she will be feeling alot better by the morning xx

Thank you. :)

I forgot to mention in the earlier post, the vet isnt going to charge me the call out fee, saving me £112 :)

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will post in the morning when I know more, here is hoping she gets through the night ok.

Hopefully the extra treatment and having Brian with her will work, and you will have her safely home tomorrow:)

Sending lots of recovery and eating and pooping vibes x

Back