• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eric emergency dental u/d coming home!!!u/d LOST A CLAW!!

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
He didn't want his breakfast and I just had a weird feeling so called the vet. Then he started lying flat then dribbling wee everywhere.
Vet said his tum felt ok but suspected bladder infection. She took him to head vet to look. It's his teeth. He has to have them done today.
How the hell have I missed this? I have always known straight away with his signs but this time, nothing. Not til today and he's already got a cut tongue.
I have let my baby Eric down. Please hope he'll be ok.

Last edited:
thank you. JUst rang vets as instructed. They've not done it yet and now there will be no one there later to discha'rge him so he will have to stay in an unmanned clinic overnight rather than me make sure he's ok. Other than that they said postpone dental til Monday but they've already said it needs doing today because of the state of his mouth. What can I do?

Surely if they're doing it today someone will check on him after? Can you get them to call you then and see if you can pick him up when they do? I hope so. I hope he's well soon and as said, don't blame yourself, you got him up there fast when he showed you his problems.

Won't they let you pick him up to look after him at home when he's had the treatment? Better than him being there with no-one to check on him :?

they said no as they officially close at 3 so there would be no one there to discharge him. Sounds like they"ll do the dental when they've finished all the dogs treatments and as soon as Eric has come round ok they'll lock up and check in the morning to see if he's wee'd and poo'd. I'm so scared and upset. Sorry.

they said no as they officially close at 3 so there would be no one there to discharge him. Sounds like they"ll do the dental when they've finished all the dogs treatments and as soon as Eric has come round ok they'll lock up and check in the morning to see if he's wee'd and poo'd. I'm so scared and upset. Sorry.

I think that is awful you should be allowed to collect him and take him home where you can watch him and he is in his own home that alone will make him feel better. Unmanned clinics shouldn't be allowed :(

get him home if you can hun, even if it costs an emergency visit fee for someone coming back to the surgery surely thats better than the night your about to have worrying :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh Poppymoon, I'm only just back. Everything crossed for Eric.
Surely they understand that Eric does much better at home?

They'te just called. He's come round. They said head vet would pop in later to check the in-patients so I said I'd meet him there. CAn't apparently. DOesn't't know a time and wouldn't' be able to do the discharge. Why not I asked? He owns the practise. Big silence so i asked if Eric had had pain relief and gut stimulant. She thought so then added that he'd be ok til morning if he didn't poo.

I'm lost for words. I daresay no time can be given because the whole country will stop this eve and drink beer and cheer on a game they're not usually interested in but pretend to be so they can try to be like everyone else.

I'm not anti football at all but I'm afraid my priority is the well being of Eric.

That's unbelievable! Surely whoever is going round can call you when they're on their way and meet you there. And he's your rabbit, if you want to take him home they can't stop you.

Hope you manage to get him back tonight :(

They'te just called. He's come round. They said head vet would pop in later to check the in-patients so I said I'd meet him there. CAn't apparently. DOesn't't know a time and wouldn't' be able to do the discharge. Why not I asked? He owns the practise. Big silence so i asked if Eric had had pain relief and gut stimulant. She thought so then added that he'd be ok til morning if he didn't poo.

I'm lost for words. I daresay no time can be given because the whole country will stop this eve and drink beer and cheer on a game they're not usually interested in but pretend to be so they can try to be like everyone else.

I'm not anti football at all but I'm afraid my priority is the well being of Eric.

Take a good book and sit outside the practice till the vet turns up. If you're there and the vets there they've no excuse not to discharge him.

Thanks Judy. I said that but it was disregarded. My usual vet isn't in.

Lib, they're emergency service is part of the chain that put Eric's life in danger when he first came to me.

So, now I'm sat outside in tears as no one around me understands at all. Maybe i should get drunk and join in with the football stuff.

Back