• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone in Lancashire/ Manchester recommend a vet

Dot

Warren Scout
Need a good rabbit vet, ideally Blackburn/ Rossendale/ Burnley area, but north Manchester around Bury/ Bolton/ Rochdale/ Oldham is ok. Any recommendations? Thanks :D

Last edited:
Cant help sorry but there are a few people on here in those areas who I'm sure will do if they see this

i use oakmount vets in burnley......they have been fantastic with my rabbits. :)
they also have a free nurses service......for fleas mites nail clipping etc. :)
not the cheapest in the world but very good in my experience. :D

I use Wendy Lane vets in Rochdale , and have always found them really good although I have only had to take them in for vaccintations and once when Daphne was i stasis so i'm not sure what they're like for emergencies as (touch wood) i've not had any major problems.

I used Tameside Vets on Oldham Road in Ashton Under Lyne who were good with basics, could take multiple bunnies on the same trip, often didn't get charged if treatment was needed.

I also used Briar Dawn Vets in Shaw, but was really disappointed with their customer service. I spoke up after the death of Cherry Blossom, and was quickly asked to leave. However they are well trained in rabbits.

Thanks, I'll check them out :)

Any others closer to Manchester, as I know someone else who's looking as well? Thanks:D

I fully recommend Pet Medics in Swinton on an industrial estate (KayJ goes to that one I think so she'll probably have a better idea on the area).

I've only been with my Leo and from what I can tell things like vaccs can be quite expensive, however, they were absolutely amazing and without one of their vets I know for a fact Leo wouldn't be with me today :love:

I used to be registered with Pet Medics and moved because of various things that they did. Used them for emergency care a couple of times after that and ended up finding another 24 hour vets because of various other things that they did. It was mostly nothing life threatening, but I won't go there out of choice now. I agree that some of the vets there are excellent, but I always had a real problem with continuity - seeing the vet I wanted when I wanted was frequently impossible to do with work.

So I appreciate the post and the recommendation, but I won't be going back there :)

I used to be registered with Pet Medics and moved because of various things that they did. Used them for emergency care a couple of times after that and ended up finding another 24 hour vets because of various other things that they did. It was mostly nothing life threatening, but I won't go there out of choice now. I agree that some of the vets there are excellent, but I always had a real problem with continuity - seeing the vet I wanted when I wanted was frequently impossible to do with work.

So I appreciate the post and the recommendation, but I won't be going back there :)

Ah right. I know what you mean with that. Luckily I had my dad who did a lot for me during that time and was a lot more flexible than I was. Goodluck finding a rabbit savvy vet!

I currently use Briar Dawn Vets and have never had a problem with customer service.

When I lived in Manchester we went to Ashleigh Vetinary Centre, Aiden is fantastic.

I live in Blackburn and use Abbeydale vets, I see MT whom I prefer.
They're prices are quite reasonable in comparison.
I have had Bella spayed there, went to see a nurse about a concern with stitches all was good and wasn't charged.
I also get their jabs done there, however, so far my buns have been healthy so I haven't needed to go for specific medical treatment so can't answer any questions in relation to that.
There is also The Veterinary Centre in Blackburn, a lot more expensive but one of the vets has an interest in rabbit care/medicine.
I think it's good to know though for future reference. :D

Back