• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Malone now at the bridge after he had a GA dental. Miss Him

HoppingBinky

Mama Doe
My old bun Malone is having his GA dental as i write this. I'm so worried as he's nearly 10 yrs old. I have to ring the vets between 17.30 and 18.00 to see how it went. They've fit him in as the vets wasn't to busy and he didn't eat anything all night/day apart from couple of sprigs of mint and a strawberry leaf.
I'm praying to god that he'll be ok.:(:(

Last edited:
Hoping all goes well for Malone! :love: 10 years old he must be a grand old fella!
Our girl Jessie the guinea pig had surgery on June 3rd to have a tooth removed, a surgery she had 10% of survival and she made it(touching wood). And I am sure vets in the USA and UK are miles ahead of us in Oz. Good luck Malone! ;)

Our bun had her first dental about a month ago, and she's nearly ten. We were worried all day, it all came on suddenly. She stopped eating her treats and within two days coudln't eat pellets or veg. The dental went fine, they kept her in one night to liquid feed her, and then we brought her home. For about two weeks we needed to soften her pellets with a little water, grate the carrot and crumble her broccoli, but now she is eating fine. She won't touch hay now though, so we are tempting her with long grass, dandelion leaves and long stemmed parsley to get her chomping.

She is now eating flowers and shrubs again, but for two weeks we really did have to tempt her to eat.

She survived the anaesthetic just fine. I hope all goes well for you too.

Good luck Malone! Loads of vibes for a safe and easy dental :) xxx

what a grand old age for a bunny, how wonderful :love:

Just to update you all, he apparently did very well and has had his teeth clipped and two spikes filed down. Hopefully i can pick him up tomorrow morning.:D:D
Just hope he carry's on doing well tonight.(fingers crossed).

Delighted Malone got through the so dental well.
Everything crossed that he starts eating well & is back home with you early tomorrow.

Back